Friday, August 03, 2007

Bootcamp - Days 8 and 9

Missed yesterday cos I got home, went out for a ride on Trude and then went back into town for dinner - Hen's night for my mate who gets married on the 11th.

Eating yesterday:
Breakfast - spelt flakes, banana, yoghurt
Lunch - cant remember but 99% sure it was 100gms chicken and spinach salad, pear
Dinner - mexican marinated chicken, some rice thing that was gross and veges
Snacks - apple
Water - 3ltrs
Exercise - PT session with Hamish

Holy bejeeeeesus I worked hard yesterday. He made me do circuit ... now remember I'm stick hacking and coughing with the dregs off this cold so he didnt make me do much cardio but the weights were a challenge. Each circuit was:

Squats with 30kgs
Swissball press ups
Swissball hip extensions with dumbell pressups (8kgs)
Bodyweight tricep dips
Forward lunges with 10kg powerbag
Clean and jerks with 10kg powerbag

did that circuit three times, I was stuffed at the end of it LOL There really is something about training with a trainer - expensive but damn its so worth it - especially when you've got a goal you are working towards - it just makes you work that wee bit harder.

I didnt get home from dinner until 11pm last night and then I was up again at 5 - so feeling pretty bloody shattered today. However, I did my 40 mins cardio at the gym this morning. The restaurant must have cooked my chicken in some kind of fat that didnt agree with me. I woke up this morning feeling like a lead weight in my belly and I was belching something terrible and all I could taste was the chicken - pretty gross.

My food has been excellent again today. I was saying to Craig tonight ... my food intake is extremely limited and consciously so because I havent been able to exercise 150% being sick - although I've still managed 7 days of exercise. If this regime doesnt drop the weight, then I'm really in the shit, because I cant cut my food back any further - I am on the borderline now of not eating enough to support my daily calorie expenditure I'm picking ... how do I know that? because I am hungry, constantly hungry ... I can imagine some of you will be thinking ... Helena you are fucking crazy ... but hey, its 4 weeks ... this is the first time in my life I've actually had to "diet" - and diet I will to make my goal. But I have to say, I'm not craving anything - sweets or the like, I'm doing great poos! (lol) and I have no gas or strange things happening - doubt I'd be able to keep this up forever though, just 4 weeks ... 4 weeks thats it.

Now as for tomorrow ... I have not organised anything ... I've made a quick shopping list which I'll sort out after I've been out for a walk tomorrow morning. Going to get the ingredients for a greek salad - I'll take my own nibbles and of course water will be available in copious amounts - man I'm a cheap date! CAnt wait to see everyone and I giggled when I saw Janenes comment about everyone watching me like a hawk ... they're going to be sadly disappointed that I'm not going to sneak anything ... cos I'm focussed and nothing is phasing me right now. Cant wait to see everyone and meet some of the newbies ... as well as Chris' family ... how cool! I'm hoping Rach will lemme get to Ezibuy - wanna look at dressing gowns ... I dont own one and well ... I think I might be needing one soon! Right bed time I'm stuffed

Day 9
Breakfast - spelt flakes, banana, milk
Lunch - 100gms chicken, salad, yoghurt
Dinner - 100gms bbq marinated chicken, spinach salad
Snacks - 60gms raw cashews, apple, pear
Water - 3ltrs
Exercise - 40 mins cardio

1 comment:

Chris H said...

Can't wait to see you.... and you won't give a shit about wether or not you have a dressing gown on once you are in there mate!!!! OOO Greek salad sound yum!!!