Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Sunday 26 February

I woke up a few times during the night wondering what time it was! I woke up for the morning around 6:00am. I had to go pee - was very impresed that I didnt have to go during the night - it usually happens when I go camping - it must be a psychological thing.

The airbed neded tobe more inflated - we had a bit of roll together. It also got very cold last night. Interesting thing happened with the airbed - apparently being 60kg lighter makes a difference to how Craig gets to sleep! LOL Because there isnt as much as me I dont practically bounce the poor bugger out of bed when I get onto it or roll over on it - hehe ... never really thought about it like that before ... but there ya go. Another benefit of weighing less LOL

I pulled on my shorts and T, socks and sneakers and went out for a walk - 6:52am. I walked up the road to the Cathedral Cove carpark - all up hill - probably 1.5kms I guess. I had a wander around the information posters and tehn walked back down the bush track to the beach and motorcamp. Bush track - very pretty but quite steep in places. My walk took me an hour - the camp was just waking up when I walked back in. Took my camera luckily and snapped some shots - its so beautiful up here!

I wandered off for a shower and came back to Craig setting up breakfast. Breakfast while camping is usually our big meal. Craig usually has a fry up - bacon/eggs and I have cereal, yoghurt, fruit, coffee and a couple of bits of toast! I was starving this moring (now there's a surprise). After my shower I got straight into my togs, sarong and singlet top *squeal* - ready for the day. My hair is in a ponytail, I've slapped on my sunblock - it's going to be a scorcher!

PM

It was a scorcher!!! WEnt for a swim this morning. It took me a while to get int - but once I did it was beautiful and warm. Saw a HUMUNGOUS crab - didnt put my feet down after that! Lunch was salmon and cucumber sammies - YUMMO - geez everything tastes good when you are out in the fresh air!

Just lazed around ready newspaper and a book. My first book in months - The DaVinchi Code - shaping up good. I went for a little lay down @ about 1:30pm and Craig woke me up @ 3:0pm for our icecream trek! We walked up the icecream parlour about half a K away - boysenberry real fruit icecream. 95% fat free! DEVINE! Craig had his standard tripple rum & raisin chocolate dipped LOL - $8.00 - keep this up for 10 days and icecreams this holiday will cost us $80 bucks!

Came back, had another swim! Just got back from havnig a shower - now relaxing with nibbles - salsa & rice crackers and the 1st bourbon didnt even touch the sides! Pork chops, rice risotto & sauteed cabbage for dinner tonight - CANT WAIT (theres another surprise).

This is the life - walks, swims, real fruit icecream, lazing around, bourbon & bbq! WOOHOO

2 comments:

Chubbymum said...

OMG sounds like you are having a wonderful time.

I LOVE camping... we are going away for a week in April camping and it is going to be so much fun.

The pictures are amazing hun... so calm.

Love CM

Karen said...

Yay for an update whilst you are away... sounds like you and Craig are having a ball - am so damn jealous mate!
Pictures are beautiful - maybe one day Steph and I will get up that way... dreams are free I guess...
See ya soon :)