Thursday, March 09, 2006

Still in Holiday Mode

I woke up at 6 this morning and tossed and turned. It drove me nuts! I finally fell back asleep around 7:30 and next thing I woke up it was 8:30! I kinda lept out of bed in panic and then realised I was still on holiday LOL I decided to go for a walk. Did my usual circuit - winter is definately on its way. I walked in a tshirt but geez I was cold by the time I got home.

I contacted the travel agents to start talking about our plans. We are thinking London for Christmas, Edinburgh for New Years and LA (Disneyland) or Honolulu for the stopover on the way home. We want to do something we wouldnt normally do. With that kind of money we dont think its sensible blowing it on little trips to Fiji or Aus ... they're only a grand or so and we could do them with not too much saving hardship. But the UK or US ... thats a good year or twos savings ... so we thought we'd make the most of it. A white Christmas in the UK - how exciting ... or mental ... whichever way you want to look at it. I've emailed cousins and family over there asking if they are going to be around cos we'll be needing beds :D

It is a fantastic incentive to drop the rest of this damn weight. I need a good shake up, I think my body and brain has got far to used to things lately ... so I've decided come Monday when I go back to work I'm going to detox. I've been out and bought my 10 day detox kit - herbal supplements - 6 tablets in the morning, 6 at night. It's designed to flush out parasites ... parasites EWWWWWWWWWWWWWW ... apparently we naturally can harbour up to 100 different parasites in our bodies. I kinda think obviously they are meant to be there or otherwise we'd be eaten alive from the insides ... but I think a detox might just be a good way of kick starting this weightloss mode again for me. The box says "symptoms of infestation include unexplained chronic illness, pain, fatigue, depression, itching, allergies, anemia, nervousness, sleep disturbances, constipation, diarrhea, gas, bloating and flu like symptoms. Along with the 12 tablets a day I'll be eating lots of fresh fruit, veges, seeds, nuts, fish, chicken, rice and a tonne of water. 10 days ... thats all I need to do ... 10 days with no red meat, coffee, alcohol, sugary or fried food. *gulp*

I've stocked up on herbal tea as well ... god help me - I'm either going to feel really great or I'll be a walking zombie LMAO. I've made sure this detox doesnt co-incide with TOM ... thats just asking for trouble LMAO! Ooh ... got a note from the Dr's today saying everything was normal with my smear test so thats all good *proud*.

Ok so now that I've got that sorted out, I'm feeling pretty positive about it all. I havent been anywhere near scales so I have no idea where my weight is sitting at. Will find out next Tuesday I guess. I dont feel any different, I dont feel fatter or thinner ... oh yeah I also have another short term goal ... I'm picking up Karen's duathlon entry - seeing shes preggers and I really encouraged her to do it ... I'm going to do it in her name ... next year after baby is born she can enter it again and beat my time! WOOHOO! So just when I thought my running shoes had been hung up, I'm dragging them back out the wardrobe and getting into practice again *wink*

I'm heading into town and going to the gym tomorrow morning. Need to put some money on my boots layby, buy some more skincare stuff and catch up with a couple of mates.

3 comments:

Lynda said...

Thanks for the message on my site.. oh and 100 parasites?? I may as well end it all now.

Great that you can pick up Karen's duathalon - fantastic.

Karen said...

EWWWWWWWWWWWWW to the paraistes!!! Thats just plain gross woman!!!! LOL

Will give ya a call over the weekend to see if you feel like catching up re duathlon etc...

Anne said...

Interesting article in this month's Consumer about detoxing.

Exciting about the travel plans:)