Got up this morning and decided to head out on my bike cos it was such a lovely morning. Of course with daylight savings change I'd had a bit of a sleep in and still managed to get out at 7.45am. I rode the back streets up to Upper Hutt then carried on up to Totara Park Bridge and then came back down the river bank. I really enjoyed myself - first ride I've been on since going on holiday!
It's a month ago since I did my Tri! A whole blimin month! We are over half way through bloody March! This time in four weeks I'll have done the duathlon! Good grief!
I was bloody knackered by the time I got home from my bike ride. It wasnt so much my legs were sore, my whole body was physically fatigued. That feeling of ... if I sit down right now and close my eyes I could drop off to sleep. It's the same kind of feeling I have after I've been swimming - absolutely knackered! LOL I had a good breakfast of cooked rolled oats and dried fruit - toast & banana mmmmmmm yummy!
My mum and sister turned up @ 11:00am and we headed off down to Bunnings to check out floor tiles for my mum's entrance way. We bought some - great price of only $23 per square metre and they are really lovely. So Craig and I will lay those for her in the next few weeks.
After Bunnings we popped up to Upper Hutt and had a bite to eat at Mayfair Cafe, I had some lovely chicken kebabs on skewers with salad. Wandered around the shops and then home to my place for a coffee and a homemade blueberry muffin!
Roast chicken for dinner tonight - hungry already, now theres a surpise.
The detox is definately working, its CLEANING me out ... big time. I'm doin number 2's four times a day on average - YIPPEEEEEEEEEEE but boy does it honk - I think our toilet has gone through a whole can of airfreshener in one week *giggle*. I was researching the ingredients of the detox capsules, quite fascinating stuff. All herbal and natural remedies that have been used by different cultures for centries in keeping their bodies healthy. Maybe we can learn alot from natural remedies instead of constantly popping antibiotics and things. I'm sure today's western society diet has a lot to answer for. Yes things are getting convenient and quicker, but as humans we seem to be getting fatter and more sickly. One of the herbs in one of the capsules is Cascara Sagrada known as sacred bark - its a nutritional support for proper waste elimination, the bark has been used by cultures around the world. Cascara Sagrada acts as an herbal laxative, influences intestinal contraction and supports a clean, healthy colon. Of course the key to all of these natural herbs is know how they work together and in what kind of quantities to take them in. The detox does all that for me so I dont have to worry - but it does make interesting reading.
I've been thinking about how I want to carry on after detox finishes next Wednesday. I'm pretty sure I'll continue to "no processed" diet. I just feel much better (even if I'm feeling fatigued right now LOL). I've always been a sauce person, I love tomatoe sauce, or sweet thai chilli or gravies and things, with detox I've been using lemon juice on everything and that's not too bad. I havent missed salt too much, although I did notice my calves were cramping a little bit during my bike ride so I'll go back to using salt, just watching how much I use. I'm definately going to make detox a 6 monthly habit. For me it really has detoxed physically and mentally. I'm back to really planning and thinking about what I'm going to eat and how I'm going to prepare it and thats a good thing.
It gone 5:00pm, roast chicken is in the oven. It's getting darker already. Looking forward to my bath and bed tonight thats for sure. Busy week this week, a good mixture of meetings and desk time to keep things ticking along.
Breakfast - rolled oats, dried apricots, sultanas, banana, vogels toast (2), peanut butter
Morning tea - didnt have
Lunch - chicken kebabs with salad, nectarine, pear
Afternoon tea - 2 blueberry muffins! oops
Dinner - roast chicken, broccoli, cauli, corn, kumara, carrots
+ detox capsules, lotsssssssssss of water and a 1.5hr bike ride!
24 points
Sunday, March 19, 2006
Day 7 *half tick*
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
wow this detox routine is doing you great. What is the name of the tabs...perhaps this is what I need.
Leenie... soo positive hun. Hard getting back into the riding after being on holiday but you got back on and that is the main thing.
Give me some of your energy hun.
Love CM
Woooohooo for the bike hun chickeee!!! Awesome work :)
And 6mthly detox sounds like a great plan to me :) And yes those herbal tablets and their ingredients can make interesting reading as my old boss as really into herbs and the natural way of things rather than antibiotics etc...
Love the cartoon too :)
I really agree on your comments about processed foods - have had a bit of those over the weekend and can't believe how crappy I feel! The 'mental' detox is what I need right now!!
You have done so well on your plan and given yourself a kick start for what's ahead - well done!!
Post a Comment