I've been everywhere man *singing*
well as far as 70kph limits allow me to anyway! I've managed to clock up nearly 400kms on Trude already ... shes a star! I'm feeling more and more confident of my ability to ride. No stalling and I'm finding Neutral easily now LOL ... baby steps even applies to motorbike riding!
I went out for a lovely walk on Saturday morning, first time in a long time so it was lovely - blimin muggy though, I was sweating by the time I got home ... I also worked out I walk quite fast now ... my circuit is 6.73kms and I do it around the hour, so that means I'm walking about 6.6kms per hour ... thats pretty quick for this ole girl.
Food was a bit erratic yesterday, I had a great breakfast - had an appointment, did some shopping and then somehow didnt get lunch in and ended up at my nieces 6th birthday party eating pizza and a few cheerios ... hmmmmm however all is not lost, one indescrepancy doesnt equal total blow out. Spent this morning laying in bed reading the new testament - learnt some interesting stuff about if you have digestive issues, there are some basic food combinations which may assist ... such as:
- Try to eat protein (meat, eggs, nuts, etc) with nonstarchy vegetables (carbohydrates). Starchy veges include potatoes, kumara, corn, pumpkin etc. It suggests that if you HAVE to eat starchy veges, eat them first, then wait 30 mins before eating your meat and nonstarchy veges. It's all about ease of digestion. Starchy carbs are higher in sugar which floods into your bloodstream causing a strong insulin surge that rapidly lowers blood sugar and increases fat storage.
- Eat fruit between meals. They are best combined with dairy products and nuts. Fruit doesnt digest well with flesh foods (meat) or heavy meals.
- Avoid Milk and mat at the same meal. If you are eating a fast food burger, hold the shake. If you are having a tbone steak, skip the cheesecake. This combination is too taxing for most people's digestive tracts and tends to cause a sever slow down in normal intesstinal activity and a toxic build up in the colon.
- Eat one protein per meal. If you suffer from indigestion, you can assist your digestive tracts by only eating one protein per meal. For eg, dont have meat and seafood at the same time (there goes the carpetbag steak).
- Eat melons alone. Melons digest very quickly, so if you eat them with dinner, eat them first. Dont eat them as dessert and never eat them with meat or raw vegetables.
- Dont combine raw fruit and vegetables. They have different digestive rates and compete with each other in the digestive tract.
- Avoid mixing starches and citrus fruits - such as grapefruit and cereal for breakfast.
Sounds bloody complicated eh? But its suppose to give your intestines a break, especially if you have issues with digestion or indigestion.
Right now though, its bathtime!
Sunday food:
Breakfast: cereal, peaches, yoghurt
Lunch: 3 slices molenberg, tin of salmon, cream cheese, lettuce, cucumber
Dinner: pork steak, salad
Snacks: grapes, 4 lite cruskits with peanut butter
Water: 3.5 ltrs
4 comments:
Does sound complicated, but it might just be me! My brain is in a bit of a whirl after having a 'speedy' read of your old testament. Just so much in there and I ended up flicking from one section to the next, filling my husband in on what I was learning. Very interesting!
Lesley Kenton has some great books on this food combining diet too. My mother did it abour 15 years ago and lost a shit load of weight without having to miss out on things, as long as she ate properly. All has to do with the different food acids in stomach that break down the proteins, starches and fats. Other thing is not drinking near meals apparently. Sounds like it's working which is great. Do you have more energy??
Darn it, ever since you got Trude, I've been trying to think of a name for me scooter... still thinking.... My van was easy to name ... The Yellow Submarine..large, long and yellow. what the hell do ya call a small pathetic dark blue scooter???? HUH ???
You must be still clocking up the k's as you never got back here this week to blog!!
Post a Comment