I've accomplished a couple of things today.
Today I attended a work morning tea (the second day in a row) and was quite content with my apple and bottle of water while all my colleagues tucked into cake, crackers, croissants, pikelets and all those high fat, high sugar, high processed delicacies that will prematurely age them LOL
and the second thing ...
I did a new exercise on the swiss ball today. I was put onto it by my mate at work ... basically you get on all fours ... yep on top of the swiss ball ... all fours. When she first told me I thought no f*&kn way that would be impossible, but hey presto I managed to balance on all fours for three lots of 30 seconds each. I sweat like there was no tomorrow and I had to squeeze all my core muscles plus quads and hammies and concentrate, but damn it I bloody well did it ... and incredibly it wasnt as "hard" as what I thought it would be.
Now Chris H bless her heart has awarded me with a blogger award - a thinking award ... and I am truely honoured. My intention of blogging is to write stuff for me, but if you get something out of it thats fantastic! Speaking of which, I know there are a gazillion lurkers out there because my counter tells me I had 75 hits yesterday, so who the bloody hell are ya?
So there are a few people Anne, Kate and Smaller Sue (who has already been awarded). These three ladies always put a good perspective on stuff, they think about stuff in their own worlds and the way they relay it makes me think about stuff. So thanks guys you help me out alot!
So whats my thinking right now ... hmmmmmmmm well I was reading the New Testament the other night and it said that if you are eating according to your metabolic type 90% of the time, everything will tend to balance itself out and you wont be doing yourself any harm. So heres a thought ... how would YOU calculate 90%? would it be at every meal eg for lunch you'd have that healthy salad/sandwich/sushi/mixed grill and then follow it with a muffin or some other processed product instead of a piece of fruit/nuts/cheese/yoghurt whatever? or would you think about it on a daily basis ... if I have a good breakfast and dinner, then its ok to go off plan for lunch? Or is it something youd think about on a weekly basis? if you break down a weeks meals - say 21 main meals a week (breakfast, lunch, dinner) then 10% of 21 is 2.1 meals a week could be more um ... "flexible"?
Personally I havent quite worked that one out yet. What does 10% not eating to my metabolic type mean for me? I guess I need to have a think about that!
Food:
Breakfast - cereal, seeds, banana, yoghurt
Lunch - ham salad sandwich
Dinner - rump steak bbq'd, salad with seeds and cheese
Snacks - apple, 6 vitawheats with peanut butter
Water - 3.5 ltrs
Tuesday, April 17, 2007
What are you proud of today?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
checking in
I am a lurker who takes inspiration from you!!
Will attempt to comment more!! Love the adventures of you and trudy!!
Roz
I wonder what would happen if I asked all my "lurkers" to say "Hi"??? I have on average 250 a day!!! No shit, it's amazing! I enjoyed giving you that award, you really really deserve it. As for on all fours on the swiss ball, are you on your knees?
Aww - I'm flattered, thank you! Have to say your entries always inspire me and I enjoy how you write. I'm like you that I blog for me - but also finds it gets me thinking about lots! Also I feel even if I can inspire someone every now and then that's a bonus.
The mind boggles a bit about the swiss ball???
I only just got what you meant about the swiss ball - wow!
It's great that you blog for yourself, it's amazing how much 'thinking' you can get done in your writing.
Post a Comment