Thursday, April 05, 2007

Back Again

Been in Auckland since Monday, got home late Wednesday night and spent today at work catching up on lots of stuff.

I'm currently studying National Certificate in Adult Education and Training - have to do three block courses in Auckland over the next three months - interesting stuff, lots of work and it leaves me feeling pretty knackered. There isnt any time for shopping :(

I was up at 4:30am on Monday on the redeye flight out (6:30am) and crashed into bed on Monday night by 9:00pm. Work has been great and I have a service apartment just down from where the course is held which means I can cook my own meals and not have eat out at restaurants. I was really good away from home, had chicken stirfry and salmon for dinner Monday/Tuesday and even managed to find myself a chicken salad for dinner at Auckland Airport. Besides missing my darling, my dogs and now Trude I've been able to hold it together pretty well LOL

TOM turned up while I was away, so that didnt reflect well in my weigh in this week, weigh in was also in the afternoon and not the morning as usual, so was pretty relaxed when the damn scales flashed up a 1kg gain! I felt so heavy the last couple of days, drinking my water like the good girl I am and not seeing it come out the other end, I just knew I was retaining water like crazy - Auckland was also pretty humid, that probably doesnt help. I'm very comfortable that I wont be rowing 10,000 metres next week because I dont make my goal. I'm very confident that I'll lose the water over the next couple of days and life will be back to normal. Well as normal as it can be around here. It's Easter, time for people to use the excuse so they can pig out on chocolate and hot cross buns, but I still maintain, that the long weekend is just a state of mind in that we can eat chocolate and spicey fruit buns anytime of the year so why worry about it this weekend in particular?

I believe there is a reason why people come into your life. Some stay for a while, some just turn up and disappear again ... I'm ok watching people come and go from my life, if I feel they are leaving too early I'll make an extra effort to keep them around, otherwise I let them go. I had a twist of fate while sitting at Auckland Airport last night. I was eating my dinner when a lady sat down opposite me, she smiled, I smiled and then she asked me if my name was Joanne. We made polite chitterchatter after we established I wasnt Joanne, but we were both from Wellington and our damn flights had been delayed. Turns out I worked with her about 14 years ago, I remembered her name straight away, but I would definately not have recognised her, but she recognised me immediately. Although ... when she knew me I was a "very big girl" were her words and she did the arm actions in explaining it also. We got talking about what we've been upto in these last 14 years, I think she'd be 5 years older than me? She had a fantastic memory, remember hubby's name, where we lived and even his occupation! Well as it turns out ... she now owns her own training company and here I was in AKL undertaking study for adult education and training ... we swapped business cards and she told me she was always looking for good trainers/facilitators and "lets keep in touch". How is that for karma? I'm not ready to move on career wise just yet, but there is a reason she popped into my life after 14 years ... not sure what it is yet, but I'll hold onto her card.

So, as I said, food has been great I'm 100% confident that in a couple of days this excess water was move on and I'll be the lean mean fighting machine I have been for the last 8 weeks.

Holy crap its April!

Four days ahead of good food, awesome exercise and time with family ... yippeeeeeeeeee

5 comments:

Jaxx said...

Have a great weekend - and yes hold onto that card... I am a great believer of things happen for a reason.

Cheers Jaxx (Hippygal)

Lyn said...

wow it sounds like you had a great week in Auckland. And you know the brain uses alot of kj's thinking ay? So that should show up next week too! :)

I truelly believe things happen in our lives for a reason. You never know what lies around the corner.

Chris H said...

Like you and the others, I too believe in fate and all that... hold onto the card... and have a wonderful weekend.

Felicity said...

As usual girl reading your post is full of pump and get up and go...u rock. I am just so inspired by your enthusiasium in life. So tru re choc and spicy buns and I have had neither this weekend
A proud me moment.
Hope we can catch up next month when I am in Wellington for Duathlon.

Sue said...

The new carpet in Auckland airport may be BLOODY UGLY, but at least the extensions mean some new food outlets and better choices!
Let me know next time you go up - when can cook dinner together...