Monday, September 17, 2007

Into Week 3

Incredible to believe two weeks have gone just like that ... it's Monday again, this time two weeks ago I was at the hospital getting "marked up" LOL

Craig has just gone off to work and I'm about to head back to bed to read. I'm finding if I have my feet up and lay down as opposed to sitting in a chair, it helps my swelling stay down - especially around my feet and upper legs.

I had an awesome day yesterday. I washed my hair, put some make up on, got into my potato sack outfit and went to the pub! LMAO The family lunch was at the Parrot and Jigger in the Hutt and we were there for about 3 hours! It was awesome to see the family (Mum's family) everyone was ooing and aahhing about my achievements, they didnt want to bear hug me incase it hurt LOL It was really awesome and I'm so glad I went, not just because I got lots of attention, but just to be with the family - its such a large family and we dont get the opportunity to get together very often. Usually its at funerals, so it was nice to have a happy ocassion to get together! Some of my mum's family are starting to get old, a few of them into their late 70's and 80's now so its precious to be able to spend time with them when I can.

I was knackered by the time I got home! Craig said I looked tired, so basically I got home, took my makeup off, got back into my nightie and dressing gown, had a cuppa and put my feet up for the rest of the afternoon! LOL

Craig cooked another fab dinner - lite butter chicken, rice and green beans - the man is a legend! I stayed up until 10:30 and then just had to hit the sack. Slept in the spare bed again - wasnt too bad, had a few move arounds in the night - I'm finding it really uncomfortable on my left side and flat on my back - however, I'm still getting 7-8 hrs sleep so that is fab when all in all is considered.

So today, its a rest day - Mum is popping up mid morning and we'll chat and keep each other company - I enjoy our time together. Half of the banana cake is in the freezer and the other half will be finished off by lunch time today LOL Was talking to Craig today about how I was looking forward to getting back to some level of activity (hopefully post Wednesday when the drains come out) - once I can actually wear a pair of undies and some pants then I get to move about a bit more freely! I cant wait, but I did appreciate yesterday that I got knackered after being out and about for 3 hours so I'll just have to take things as they come.

The exciting thing for me this morning was laying up in bed and looking at my hips and belly - I actually feel like a sexy woman with lovely feminine curves - despite the drains, ugly undergarment, tape and scars, I have this womanly shape - smooth hips, no side bumps and flat tum ... god I cant wait to get rid of the swelling!

4 comments:

Kate said...

No! It hasn't been 2 weeks has it? I would have put money on it that it's only been one! My goodness. Glad you are doing so well :-)

Chris H said...

Ahhh ya sext wee tart!!!! So glad you are doing well, and had a fab time yesterday.... be careful not to overdo it too fast you wonder woman!

Jenny said...

Glad you got to spend time with family. You're right it is precious when they are getting older.
Enjoy your time being spoilt......all too soon knowing you, you will be up and at em!!!!
Hugz

Anne said...

I love how much you are loving the changes in your body! Look back at how far you've come and the changes in you and enjoy the rewards!!