Just home after see Doc Masters ... hes really pleased with me - wounds are looking great, my general health is great, healing process is great, my attitude is great, so being so pleased he has cancelled our appointment next week and said he'll see me again in March for the 6th month follow up. He said he was happy with me from day 1 - yay!
He removed another drain, but unfortunately I have to keep the centre drain in until it comes down to 5omls - or we get to Monday next week, whatever comes first. He's a blood thirsty bugger, my centre drain goes into the front of my fanny and internally goes right around a hip and to my back, so its going to be quite a mission to pull out - its about 2ft long! ... his solution in his words "shut it in a door and run" LMAO! Um ... I might let Dr Strattie (aka Craig aka hillarious male blogger) assist me with that one ... any excuse for Craig to bring power tools into the house! LOL *just kidding*
My headaches and flakey skin are post operative trauma and will subside. He's prescribed me more panadine to help me sleep and now I just need to go forth to the wind and heal. I asked about my waist and tummy, still very swollen and again hes happy with everything and expects it will subside again with healing. I've still got a dimple in my upper thigh/bum - again an internal stitch will dissolve and will settle during the healing process. He explained about whats going on internally about why I feel like I'm permanently wearing an 1800's boned girdle - its all the muscle and tissue which has been stitched and secured so that I will have a fabulous shape - again it will stretch and I will become more flexible ... with ... you guessed it .... the healing process.
I can go back to reasonable walking again in 6 weeks, I can go back to the gym in November - but I need to be patient and let my body tell me when its ready. I need to wear my wound tapes for three months to help the scars heal. Three months is when everything should start to really settle down and my new body will come into its own. Oh ... and a little minor detail ... when I see him in March 08, I need to be under 88kgs LMAO! He loves giving me a bit of pressure LOL He said he believes 88kgs would be an ideal weight for ME, funnily enough Craig and I were talking in the weekend and we thought 85-90kgs would be good for me ... so thats where I'm heading! - but all in good time.
I still find it hard to believe we are still only two weeks down the track and I keep wondering if I've been through the worst because ... it just seems to simple! LOL Yes its uncomfortable and frustrating some times but it hasnt been painful ... which really surprises me ... I must have a higher pain tolerance than what I expected!
So workwise, I'm taking the full 6 weeks off. I want to be able to go back to work and be comfortable and mentally prepared for it - I dont want to work a couple of days and then collapse from mental and physical exhaustion - it wont help the long term healing process eh? Once I get back to work, I'll get back to routine, which means I can control my eating/exercise routines and life will go back to normal. In the meantime, while I'm enjoying foods I havent been "allowed" these past two months, I'm not going stupid and I anticipate I will have a minor gain, but nothing significant. Still not getting on the scales and I wont be until I go back to work.
So other than that big excitement - and it was big excitement, once again I got to go out in public with no knickers on! LOL woohoo! I had mum here again today, I baked a cake this morning, did some washing and had a shower - oh and sat on the loo for 30 mins - LOL
baby steps, one day at a time *grin*
Wednesday, September 19, 2007
Back from the Quack
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
gosh woman you continue to amaze me. You must have the tolerance of an ox as I know I would be an absolute mess after being so brutally man handled.
I think I still have memories of my own huge ordeal (surgery wise) and waking up feeling like I had been pummeled by a mack truck was a bit of a shock. (and I mine wasn't anywhere near as intrusive as yours).
I've told people I would have 10 kids through natural childbirth rather then have to under go invasive surgery again. (so I guess that rules out such an operation for me down the track. lol)
Great to hear you are doing so well. I'm sure all your fitness and overall health have really paid off big time with this whole recovery so all qudo's to you for the hard work you did prior to surgery. You deserve to have it relatively easy as you certainly put in the hard yards to make sure you were in the best possible condition prior.
Take the 'ease' of it all and say "thank you very much, I darn deserve this little reprieve from pain.
I'm another one that is amazed! I agree with Lynise that you put in the hard work prior to the op and it's paid of. Love your comment how it seems to simple! Really great though that you're are recovering well and also healing well. Good result from the doc too! Also fascinating to read of your day to day progress.
Wait until we see the 88 kilo Helena:-)
Well done again superwoman. I am so happy for you. It's all settling down so well. Just enjoy your time off:)
I had two drains, both went in different directions, around my hips and across to the centre of my back... and when they came out I was totally godsmacked at how long they were! Were your first two smaller then??? MIne hurt like the be-jesus coming out!!! You have been so very lucky .... ya tart!!!! I got a real laugh outta going out without any knickers on too! Funny what we can laugh about. Take care sweetie, so glad your recovery is going soooooo very well.
Have a neat lunch with ya Mum, don't go flashing ya fanny now!!!!
Post a Comment