Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Another Day in Paradise

Had a busy day yesterday. Unexpected visitors which was awesome - helps the day go quickly! LOL A girlfriend popping in just after lunch and then another girlfriend and her partner popped in mid afternoon. Always good to find out the goss and catch up on news LOL

I got back into bed after Craig left yesterday morning, dozed until about 9:30am! :o must have needed it though, I'm still sleeping uncomfortably, twice now I've got up around 2:00am to go to the loo and empty drains. Speaking of drains, they are starting to slow down again - fingers crossed they'll be coming out tomorrow! I'm expecting they will have to come out anyway - it'll be day 15 tomorrow and I dont think they have a particularly long life. I've noticed some swelling has started to come down. My ankles are looking much better, my knees/thighs are starting to thin out again and one side of my tummy is starting to really flatten out YAY! Belly button is still an outtie though! I'm still waiting for my waist to turn up! LOL

Got a few questions for John tomorrow - I'm waking up with a major headache every morning - not sure if thats ok or not - it soon disappears when I drink water/coffee and move around.

I listed a pile of clothes on Tradme yesterday, need to start raising some funds for my next wardrobe! LOL I'm still not sure what size I'll be, 16/18 I think ... good grief havent said that for about 20 years LOL I've sold my motorbike jacket, Craig is buying me a new one for my birthday present. I have a fair idea of what I want, I want to look like a feminine rider, so I want quite a fitted jacket that nips in at the waist (once that shows up) shows off my hips and new butt but obviously is made of heavy leather for good protection.

Right, it looks like another calm quiet day in paradise - need to get some breakkie :)

6 comments:

Rachel said...

Great news about the drains slowing up again......roll on NO DRAIN day!

Sounds like the swelling is going down nicely....yay!

The new bike jacket sounds sexy.

Text me your trademe name so I can go have a look at what you have listed.

Chris H said...

Everything Rachel said.... and good luck for tomorrow! HOpe the headache is just lack of sleep mate, or the anesthetics still leaving ya system.

Jenny said...

Fingers crosed for those drains coming out tomorrow. New clothes....yae!!!!!

Chris H said...

Boredom ... yep it has a lot to answer for... and yep, I think about fod all the time too.... it sucks! As for the grounding... my philosophy has always been "do not get involved" in other people's parenting... this includes not stopping 'grounded' kids from visiting here, cos they will just go somewhere else otherwise and having them here means I at least know what they are getting up to! the girl in question is on Study Leave, she should be at home.... if she comes around here at least they are not hanging out with other kids getting up to mischief.... been through all this a million times already mate... it all works out in the end. Teenagers are the same the world over, and it's how you relate to them that matters, if I had said "NO WAY" can she come here, my son would slowly start to resent me, and there is no way I'm having that. We get on really really well and I love that. You have to weigh up the pros and cons and then just go with the flow. If I thought it was really bad her coming here I would say no, but I just can't....they are kids in love....... awwwwww. GOOD LUCK WITH SEEING JOHN TODAY!!!!

Anne said...

Good luck with the visit with John today.

Boredom is one of my big food triggers, nothing to do so I look in the pantry, fridge, clock and wonder when, what the next meal will be! Had for you to keep busy though, you are a bit limited with what you can do. Take care:-)

Lyn said...

That is so cute hearing you describe the jacket you want ... go you!!!