Wednesday, September 26, 2007

The Day Afta ...

wow what a fantastic day I had yesterday.

Started with getting a haircut which made me feel a million bucks - didnt look too bad either! LOL My hairdresser was blown away - shes been right alongside me my whole journey, in fact I remember having a conversation with her after I'd lost 15kgs and she was so inspired she joined weightwatchers herself and lost 40kgs! LOL

So it was home again and wait for my sis from Oz to show up - when she did it was squeals and giggles all round - very very proud moment. Craig soon showed up and then we met my Mum up the Cossie Club for lunch. Of course we all knew my brother and his wife were going to show up but she didnt! I spotted them coming through the door first, so I casually got up from the table and wandered over to the door and as I was walking over to them, I realised they didnt recognise me LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So I waved and called them a snob and my sisterinlaw's jaw just about hit the floor. Again it was squeals and tears (even from my bro) all round. They wanted to give me big bear hugs but were a little bit nervous about hurting me LOL but I didnt care, it was super hugs as far as I was concerned - they kept staring at me all afternoon in disbelief LOL. When it was mum's turn, she got such a lovely surprise to see them - tears again! LOL

We stayed at the club for the afternoon - Craig and I walked away about square after meals, drinks and pokies so a good day was had by all. Craig even had a guy go up to him at the bar and say "mate your wife is looking really awesome" - pity the guy was old and ugly, but the sentiments were there *giggle* (makes note to dodge that old guy in future LMAO!)

Home for more drinks and takeaway chinese - I was stuffed by the end of the day - drank and ate and moved too much. I think I overdid it a little bit, noticed a tiny bit of seepage from one of the wound areas - nothing serious but enough to make me realise I'm not quite 10ft tall and bulletproof yet - will have a quiet easy day today - so dont you overconcerned darlings start telling me off! Oh and thanks so much for all your lovely wishes and thoughts over the last few days - welcome on board all the new commenters and thanks! LOL

The main thing is ... I felt like a million dollars on my birthday yesterday and I wont ever forget that feeling. *eyes watering*

6 comments:

Anne said...

How exciting for your mum - what a lovely surprise! Loved hearing how your family didn't recognise you!!!

Thanks for that post Helena:-) Love how much you are enjoying the new body and how proud you are. Also a reminder for all of us that have lost weight and had simlar million dollar feelings to stand back and remember them and enjoy our successes!

Chubbymum said...

How great was that hun... woohooo.

It is even better when your own family didn't recognise you woohooo.

So where are the photos of the new hair cut huh huh

Chubbymum
http://cmlosingit.blogspot.com

Sue said...

Nope, just 8 foot tall and arrow proof!

Jenny said...

Wow what a wonderful day you had. Something special to look back on. Enjoy your time with the family.
Big Hugs :)

Rachel said...

I'm so glad you had a wonderful birthday with your family. I can just imagine their faces when they saw you....LOL what an unreal feeling.

Good idea about resting up today, hope that swelling is getting less and less.

Chris H said...

Happy Birthday for yesterday ya tart! So happy for you..... wish I was there to give you a big hug too !