Sunday, October 28, 2007

Ut Oh


Yesterday turned into a ripper! We managed to get most jobs done, went to the Tattoo Show - it was ok, but was very small and wasnt worth the $10 entry fee - it was their first show and like anything they had to start somewhere. Not many bikes to see, so that was a bit disappointing. Ended up at Westfield foodcourt for lunch where we bumped into Jo and her two little girls (Rhian and niece not starting any rumours there! LOL) Then popped along to the hospital and had the same nurse who came and saw me the majority of the time at home, so it was nice to catch up with her and she was really impressed with the progress in the last two weeks. The front wound is 2.5cms smaller in length and 2cms smaller in depth and width with lots of lovely healthy pink new tissue - yahoo! and the back wound is 1cm smaller in depth, width, and length. Incredible how quickly the body bounces back when the conditions are right. I told the nurse it was because I was eating all my fruit and veges *proud cheesy grin*

Popped in and saw some friends who we hadnt seen since pre surgery. She's also had a tummy tuck and was so dying to ring and see if I'd had the op or not, but was a bit scared to incase I hadnt! She saw me about 4 weeks out before the op and I was a stressed basket case that I wouldnt lose enough weight in time and the op would be rescheduled! Oh how there has been so much water under the bridge in these last three months! LOL so she was very relieved to see that I had had the op - shes also a theatre nurse so I gave her a private viewing of the results and she was just blown away and ecstatically happy for me. Was really cool.

Yesterday afternoon we met our mates up the Club - they are the ones we are going to Australia with at Christmas time - for a bit of a "practice session". Me and Christine are in farkin twubble, we only lasted four hours and had to pour ourselves in the club courtesy van and go home. We were all in fine form, the four of us taking up the back three seats and I do recall Christine laying across all of us at one stage, flashing her gstring ... oh god look out Australia! LMAO After Craig and I got home, we still managed to cook steak for dinner and carry on with a few more reds, a couple of bourbons and some very loud music (poor neighbours). I went to bed at midnight, Craig followed @ 2:00am LMAO Thankfully I DONT have a hangover this morning, but I am feeling very lazy.

I was sitting here just before doing my groceries online when I heard a really loud bang and looked out the window to ask Craig if he'd made it, looked down to see Calais with a bird in her mouth! Poor birdie must have flown into the window at full noise and killed itself and she picked it up for a bit of a munch. Luckily Craig managed to grab it before she mangled the bloody thing.

What bird mum?

Going to get out on Trude later, might meet my mum for a cuppa somewhere.

4 comments:

Lyn said...

Ohhh I was so excited for you reading about your friend's reaction to your results ... yay!!

You're the first person I have actually heard of doing their grocery shopping online. I can't imagine what the delivery fees would be for Waihi Beach. Oh for the joys of living in suburbia.

Chris H said...

It is a lovely weekend to be getting out and about for sure! Shopping online... hmmmmm sounds interesting! How exciting to think very soon you will be totally healed and heading off on holiday to the lovely warm Gold Coast!

Chubbymum said...

Wow... weekend went well then hun.

Hmmm Gocery's online... we tried doing that but it was going to cost us more than it was worth..

Roll on Australia huh he he he

Love Chubbymum
http://cmlosingit.blogspot.com

Jaxx said...

You are sounding and looking so fantastic. Have a great week :)