**update** Nurse has been round
Ok awesome news and not so awesome news.
Awesome news is, someone else is going to worry and deal with this issue now - not me and Craig's. We now officially have a "wound care plan" - the nurses are going to come round every day for at least the next 5-6 days to change dressings and monitor the wounds for changes/infection etc and reporting back to John - that means I'm taking another week off work (just rung and told them and they are ok with it). Following that when I go back to work, I will probably go onto self maintenance which they will teach me what to do and what to look for etc and see me once a week at their Hutt Hospital Clinic. The nurses were lovely (two of them) and I feel so much more confident now because whats been worrying me is ... I dont know what the hell I need to be looking for or doing! They have different dressings so I'll be saving myself a fortune in sanitary pads LOL and hopefully I wont have any leakages as their dressings are more absorbant etc. The nurses said the antibiotics should also stop alot of the wound leakage.
Not so awesome news ... its going to take a good 4-6 weeks for the wounds to heal, they will be healing from the inside out - she drew me a picture of how it will work. I'm not sure what it means scarring wise, I'm not sure what John's game plan on that is remembering he is a cosmetic surgeon, will play that one by ear, not too concerned about that at the moment. Interestingly the back wound - which only showed up on Monday as a pin prick, is the worst wound and the nurse believes will take a lot longer to heal than the bigger original wound. She believes that there is alot more stuff going on inside and underneath the wound that what we know off, and it will probably get worse before it gets better.
No pics sorry ladies, not until I get this left side of my bod taken care off, however if you want to pop round I'm more than happy to show my flat tum and belly button off ;)
***
I'm not liking nights again, just cos I cant get comfy and I wake up with leaks all over the place LOL ... however all is not lost - I have a district nurse coming round this afternoon and we are going to sort out the dressing situation and routine - yay we dont have to deal with it anymore and no more sanitary pads stuck to my body LMAO! Gonna save me a fortune also!
I am very ecstatically excited to report that my tummy has dropped completely now on my right side, I have have a pancake flat tummy and the CUTEST wee belly button (definately not an outtie!) ... very very exciting. My XL high cut hipster knickers are too big *smarmy grin*
Last night I went and saw my wonderful Lisa who squealed her street down in excitement when she saw me for the first time post op LOL that was a buzz. She made me feel absolutely wonderful with a facial, eyebrow shape, electrolysis and finished off with a french polish on my toenails ... they look adorable!
Gunna go have a snooze on the lazyboy I think - its still the most comfy place for me and hopefully I'll catch up on some sleep.
Friday, October 12, 2007
Tired
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
You make the most of those snoozes little girl :) Glad to hear the District Nurse is going to sort you out. Does this mean you will have more time off work.? I hope so!!!! Get those wounds better first. This is 'adopted Ma' speaking here. Big Hugs :)
I'm with Jenny, hope you get more time of work and don't go back until all is better.
Lovely to have a bit of pampering and also blow the lady away when she saw you!
I agree with jennyt and anne... I hope you are taking some more time off hun to get all better or you could do some damage aye.
Woohooo you!!! Can't wait for updated pictures of that tummy button etc...
Chubbymum
Must be time for some more post-op pics girlfriend?? Glad to hear you have an "innie" Hehehe :)
I'm with Jo - more pics of your flat tum and innie.....yay!
I was just about to say the same thing as Jo and Rachel!!!! More photos chick... and glad the nurse is going to be helping you guys out with the wound care.
Post a Comment