to get ready these days. Just the simplist things I used to take for granted ... like showering, dressing, makeup in 30 mins. Now it takes um ... oh ... about an hour and a half! My routine is completely up the pooh at the mo because I have to keep changing my dressings around the infection. I have to let my skin dry for an hour before reapplying the tape - so if I've got plans and stuff I have to be a bit more organised!
I'm still wearing my body stocking so that gets washed every couple of days (unless of course I have a leak and then it goes through the wash when I go through the wash) - takes an hour and a half to go through the washing machine and dryer. I must admit I feel quite ok without wearing it, the only reason I am wearing it is to keep the santitary pad stuck to my side and stop my clothes from rubbing on it.
See you start and story and it spirals into a million mini stories! The santitary pad catches the leaks from the wounddddddddddddd and stops the gunk from getting on my clothessssssss ... get it? I know "too much information". Hopefully it'll stop oozing in a week or so with luck. and while I'm talking about too much information ... my butt crack breakdown is healing well according to Craig - I cant see it so I cant comment LOL
The rest of the tapes stick pretty good - even with showering and Craig helps me change these every 7 or so days. Looking at 90% of the wound - the scarring is looking really good, its just a dark purple line in most places now, a few little scabs here and there but otherwise its sealed and healed - will just take time to flatten and lighten I expect - its still quite puckered in some places.
My right side has dropped and I can see my hip and waist outline and my belly has flattened, but my left side is still swollen and sitting higher - yep I'm lopsided at the moment, although you cant tell when I'm wearing clothes ... best I wear clothes then! LOL
The weather sucks at the moment, bet it will be gorgeous next week when the kids all go back to school LMAO!
Damn TOM is due any day ... that'll explain my grumpiness. I woke up early this morning, my back was farkin killing me and I couldnt get comfy so it was just easier to get up *sigh*.
Wednesday, October 03, 2007
It takes foreverrrrrrrrr
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Yep, bloody freezing, isn't it! Think that will mean more gym and less bike for me.
We used to use the hair dryer from a distance to dry me quicker so the tapes could go back on.... and we changed the tapes every 2nd day! I wonder if you need to change yours a bit more frequently to help the infection clear up quicker, or don't you have tape on that particular part? The scars colour/puckering WILL subside mate, don't you worry about it! Now, was there anything offensive in this comment... let me check....FUCK NO! ha ha ha.
Hey you!
Love the leather jacket :)
I'm working my way back through your posts.
Just had to comment on the wound stuff and say I hear ya!
While it was no where near as big as your scar...I had wound breakdown after my last c-sect. They had considered re-opening it up under surgery to clean and re-stitch it.
I totally know what you mean about cleaning it, dressing it with pads that have to be held in by nickers in my case or sticky tape that killed to take off. Everything is so much harder and I just remember wanting to have my body back.
Anyhoo...I'm off to keep reading.
Just wanted to let you know that i understood a little of what you were going through.
Hope the swab results come back good :)
Cheers P
Post a Comment