
Today I saw the xrays of Calais leg post op ... OMG! talk about fascinating stuff, no wonder my friend wants to be come a vet nurse. It's bloody incredible what they can do! Calais really is a bloody bionic dog now ... they cut a wedge out of her bone to reangle it, then put a plate on the side of it and stablised it all together with 7 HUMUNGOUS screws, seriously these suckers must be about 3 inches long oh and chucked in some wires to hold bits together as well. No wonder shes got 6 weeks house rest. The bone will take at least that long to knit back together! 
It's great to have her home again. Jacks not been too bad, hes had a good sniff and realised somethings not quite right and I've been a complete suck and given her the duvet and inner off our bed and bought her some new toys to keep her amused and comfy in her new home down stairs in the study. Thats basically where she will be living for the next 8 weeks. Downstairs. The pitfalls of living a two story house. Thankfully we have a games room with a fireplace, TV, stereo and couch down stairs also ... so basically the whole family will be migrating downstairs for winter.
She's all bandaged up and because its made her leg stiff and stick out she hasnt quite mastered the art of turning (how dogs turn and turn and turn before they get comfy) and laying down. She somehow turns the wrong way round and gets her leg caught up ... it's pitiful to watch but I had to stop myself giggling at her a couple of times cos shes just so unco! LOL Nasty mummy. They could have at least given her a girlie coloured bandage!
Tomorrow will be interesting. I'll be up early to take her out for her business, feed her and then get her settled again and then I need to take Jack out for a good long walk to wear him out and settle him down. I think this is giong to be routine for the next 6 weeks.
I've been having this thought in the back of my mind that I'm going to put my gym on hold for two months. I cant leave the dogs on their own for 8 hours a day while shes recovering. If Craig and I can at least get them sorted in the morning (i.e. walked, fed, settled) then I can catch a ride into town with Craig and leave work early so they arent left alone any longer than they need to be. *whew* ... I guess if I'm walking twice a day, I'm still getting cardio in and perhaps the money I save for two months on gym fees, I could buy myself a swiss ball. Dunno, need to contemplate this dilema a bit further.
What an exhausting day!
Wednesday, May 10, 2006
Poor Wee Poppet
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
She is just beautiful!! When I saw her photo with her leg all bandaged I really felt for her, hope that she recovers quickly. It's good that Jack realises things aren't right.
I think you have your work cut out for you over the next couple of months. You won't need the gym by the sounds of things. Hope all goes well:)
I think your plan for the next couple of months sounds sensible mate! Like you say you will be getting plenty of cardio and swiss balls are good :)
I did have a giggle when I read that you had been a sucker and given her the duvet from your bed... I thought what a softie mum is! hehehe But I know that when pets are sick you just want to give them the comforts that they know etc...
Take care
At least your baby is home with you now and you can give her lots of cuddles (and duvet inners...hehe). If you are going to be walking twice a day, I don't think you will also need a gym membership. Good idea about putting it on hold.
Can I ask a personal question? Why have you never had children? The way you talk about your dogs just made me wonder. Hope you don't mind. From Sue
Post a Comment