yep today is the 8th January 2006, two years to the day that I started my lifestyle change. Unbelieveable. What's most unbelieveable is that I have actually stuck at something this big for two bloody years! LOL Those two years havent been without challenge thats for sure. I've had lots of times of frustration and complacency and disappointment, however these have been far outweighed (excuse the pun) by my commitment, motivation and achievements!!!!!!!! Good grief, sometimes when I think about the "old days" its hard to imagine what it was like. It's hard to imagine what it must have been like carrying around an extra 60kgs ALL THE TIME on my frame. I carried 12kg for three days and thought my arms were going to drop off when I did the Abel Tasman Walk! LOL - Wow how cool! I'm so glad I've journalled and kept a record of this stuff, I've just spent an hour this morning reflecting on my journal entries for the last couple of years - some of them made me giggle, some of them made me cry - two years of fun, sadness, laughter, tears, sweat, determination, wishful thinking, frustration, illness, elation and everything in between all those states. If two years ago someone told me I would be looking how I am today and doing the things I do today, I would have found it very hard to believe. I still find it very hard to believe when I look at photos or complete a 24km circuit on my bike.
I've been out on my bike this morning, went down to Stokes Valley and up to the top of SV Road up past the fire station and bus depot - almost to the top, nice gradual slop which was great fun speeding down again. Got to the Silverstream bridge on the way home and it was 10kms decided that I was just getting into things so carried on up the riverbank to Moonshine Bridge and then came back down Fergy Drive and home again - 24kms. Gee my legs felt it - I came up the steep hill in the lowest gear and it certainly got the legs moving thats for sure LOL.
At least today I got dressed! LOL yesterday I stayed in my jammies all day until Karen and Steph popped round, if they hadnt of turned up I would have worn them all day! LOL thats not to say I was a lazybum yesterday hehe I did all the housework - a really good going over as we have houseguests next week, four loads of washing, baked bread, made soup - I just did it all in my jammies! LOL Craig was surprised I didnt get back into my jammies after our guests left LOL
Not sure what I'll do today, I wouldnt mind going window shopping, but thats usually disasterous because I end up getting my purse out. Maybe I might go round and spend some time with Mum - it's my last "day off" for Christmas, going back to work tomorrow. This time in 5 weeks I'll be celebrating the completion of my triathlon, this time in 7 weeks I'll be sitting on my deck chair at our campsite in Hahei Beach WOOHOOOOO
I've updated my website with my weights and measurements over the last two years, makes interesting reading.
60kg's down ... 30 to go! WOOHOO :)

Finally ... my first journal entry ... dated Jan 8, 2004 - makes me cry every time I read this ...
Thursday, 8 January
I was looking forward to the meeting, the hardest part I think, was going to the doctor in the first place. As I got in the lift to go up to the meetnig, I was nervous but excited! I really wanted to do this. I went to reception and started filling in the registration forms, along with 6 other ladies. All of us too embarrassed to look at each other even though we knew we were there for the same thing. As I handed over my registration card to the recorder and paid my money, it felt really familiar and I thought to myself ... this is the first day of my new life! As I lined up for the scales, the queasy jitters started wondering if these were the 200kg scales. They werent. I stepped on and the lady said, oops we need to reset, can you get off please and then step back on. I did as I was told. Very quietly she said ok step off thanks. As she filled out and card and handed me a couple of books she asked me to go see Cheryl out in reception, I needed to be weighed on the other scales (I call them the fat scales). Like a dog with its tail between its legs, I scooted out to reception and told the team leader of my plight. She smiled warmly, come on then just here in this room. Inside were the old hospital scales, you know the tall scales where you add the weights and move the slider up and down. Again I jumped on and she asked me how much I thought I might be. 175 I said, hoping it wasnt any more than that. I weighed in at 174.7 - not bad Cheryl said - meaning not a bad guess, as opposed to "not a bad weight".YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY - it was over, I'd done it. I sat at the meeting and listened to the discussions, reading through the new plan and holding back tears I thought HOW THE HELL COULD I HAVE LET MYSELF GET LIKE THIS? When I got back to work I told and emailed a few people of my adventure that day, they are all proud and pleased for me - I know I've done the right thing.
Sunday, January 08, 2006
Two Year Anniversary
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Hun... So proud of you 2 years is fantastic. I am coming up to my First year on the 11th January and it is weird to think that I have been on this for a year. I mean the longest I lasted was 3 weeks he he he.
You should be proud!
I know the exact feelings of the first day at WW that is for sure... it is a really horrible feeling and those scales are scary things when you are big. But aren't you sooooo glad now you did it and went to the weigh in.
BIG HUGS woohooo for 2 years
Love
Chubbymum
Wow you have come so far!!
I have heard alot about you from Karen - great to finally "meet you" :)
Congratulations for coming so far! You should be SO proud of yourself! You are trully an inspiration hun!
Wow girl you should be so proud of yourself what an achievment. Shit I am proud of you!!!!!!!!
Have a good week
Jaxx
So proud of you hun! You have done amazingly well over the last two years and look at the great friends you have made too! LMAO
No grief from those cherries but will do update tomorrow - too tired to think about what to write now. Oh I want more cherries!!!!!!!!!!
I just have to say - you ROCK!!
All I can manage to type thru the tears is a HUGE HUG luv ya girl.
Post a Comment