
Hi Team I've joined blogger, only because I wanna start sharing piccies! and my old journal didnt allow me to do that.
<--------- So here I am ... at the Summit of the Rimutaka Incline Rail Trail walk - it was a tree cut down and an arm chair had been carved out of the stump - perfect photo opportunity! Right now I feel like I've been hit by a bloody bus LOL It was a 20km walk (10kms return) ... I didnt calculate that too well. I thought it was 10kms in total *doh* ... hmmmmm that'll learn me - I walked a flippin half marathon today! The bod held up ok, but I do have a sore thigh/hip, must have strained something there. Nothing that a good stretch and hot bath wont take care of LOL Sarah and I left the carpark at 7:26am this morning and got back to the carpark at 11:20am - we had a 20 minute stop for food at the summit. It
would have been longer except we saw a bloody HUGE spider and the freakin thing kept chasing us LOL I had tuna, crackers, dried apricots, raw nuts, marshmallows and a bottle of water. There are toilets (long drops) along the way - with loo paper! Nice walk. Some lovely scenery. It was blowing quite hard in open places along the walk and sometimes it was a struggle to stand upright - however I reckon on a good day it would be lovely to mountain bike up there. It is very flat - no steep up hill climbs or anything like that, although it is a 1/20 grade climb, which means that for every 20 metres walked you climb one metre - so its very gradual. We saw lots of mountain bikers - lots of families - mum, dad and the kids. Only one other silly bugger walker like us! I ran about 800mtres at one stage, just a slow jog but enough to help stretch out my hip. Would definately recommend the walk/bike ride to others - there is picnic tables and seats all along the way and there is also a camping area down there - although it looked pretty exposed. Lots of pine trees, was half expecting to get donked on the head by a pine cone a couple of times, thankfully that didnt happen!.
Pretty scenery eh? Nice wide track, covered in gravel.
So after that effort and we finally got back to the car we sat and just chilled for about 20 minutes eating fresh cherries and drinking water.
Got home and got straight into the bath. I was stuffed! I sat with the jets going full bore for about 20 minutes LOL it was bliss! Not feeling hungry yet, was very similar to Abel Tasman - after four hours of exhurtion we didnt feel like eating much. In fact today was almost the same distance as our second day big walk on the AT. Only difference was we were carrying 12kg packs and were walking up and down more hills! LOL Oh and of course we got to see the beautiful sea.
I doubt I'll be doing much this afternoon, in fact I think I might even have to take a nanna nap. BBQ dinner tonight and probably another early night as TV is absolute crap! Craig is back to work tomorrow. I'm going to head into town and go to the gym and then weigh in *bites nails* oh god its going to be scarey, however, I have no-one to blame but myself LOL Craig is only working a half day so the plan is to pick me up when he finishes and then we are going to head up to Levin to do a work delivery and I get to play at the Bendon Factory Shop! WOOHOO!
Tuesday, January 03, 2006
New Year New Journal
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Wooohooo I am the first to comment on your new site mate! I love the new look and yes it is easy to post pictures isn't it (says she who has only recently learnt how to push the right buttons LOL)!
Pics from the walk look fantastic and like I have said I promise I will join ya next time - perhaps we can even get the guys to join us.... oh well its a thought anyway! LOL
I'm so jealous of you spending time at the Bendon factory shop... I so wanted to spend time there when we went to Foxton on Sunday but we didn't have time to stop there...
Whoohoo love the new look, and love the pics.
Cheers jaxx :):)
Absolutly love the new blog hun!!
Woohooo and those photos are fantastic.
I will do what you are doing one day!!! sooooo jealous he he he
Don't fear about the weigh in hun... it can come off.. you can't of gained all of the 60 or so kilos hun he he he
Love CM
Wowsa! What an amazing walk!! Yay for blogger - it's honestly soooooo much easier for us to post comments now! Your comparison pics are AMAZING!! You aren't even to your goal yet and already you look so different, so much healthier and to be honest, so much younger!!
Post a Comment