yep went to weigh in today, as expected a gain 1.1kg. I'm ok with that, actually its less than what I expected! My body also went out in sympathy with Karen and TOM arrived yesterday, but that was expected too.
So I got my "think" book at WW today - its about habits. I did the little quizzy thingie and my two worst habits are ...
1. I eat because food is there ... I need to "Sort my Surroundings"
2. I eat because I get into risky routines ... I need to "Plan ahead"
For the first bad habit of mine what that basically means is I cant resist food if the temptation is there! If I go out and there are snacks I'll eat them, if there are open packets of "treat" food in the fridge or panty I have to eat it until the packet is empty, if I have stuff on my desk at work or there is a lolly jar - it means trouble! Especially stuff like chocolate or chips or biscuits or anything like that ... I even got really bad with dried apricots for a bit! LOL Thankfully we dont typically have biscuits or chocolate or chips - its only when we have a function at home, or someone gives us them like at Christmas etc. hmmmmm so how am I going to deal with this? Well in terms of at home ... once the function is over ... then if it isnt eaten, it gets given away, Craig gets told to eat it and eat it NOW or it gets thrown away. In terms of being out and having temptations around ... I need to "Plan ahead" - god knows I exercise a truckload, so if I'm tracking properly and saving points then I will allow myself alcohol or party snacks or restaurant meals out etc. I wont deny myself, because I know from past experiences if I deny myself I get obsessive and when I get obsessed about something I crave it and then when I crave it ... I blow out ... and not just on that one item, on anything I can get my hands on - and thats not good.
So as for the risky routine stuff ... omg ... I am my own worst enemy, I so know I just lose it when I get out of routine. Thats what kinda made me wonder if the new "no points" option would be ideal for me ... because I really am a creature of habit ... I like to eat the same things day in day out, I like knowing exactly what I have to eat and how much of it I can eat and I dont eat out much. However, I also like the flexibility of having less or more or something different when I want to and that is why I am sticking to points. I also really REALLY like points, it makes me feel accountable and responsible every day and reminds me constantly about why I am doing this. I also get a real kick out of coming in on the right points or slightly less each day - it gives me a sense of achievement. Bit like drinking my water and doing my exercise routines. So ... routine ... I'm back to routine but I'm going to get a bit smarter, I am actually going to predict my meals out and account for them into my points - I have a full diary at work, I know when I'm meeting friends or might face temptations so I just have to get smarter in planning for them. There were also some really good tips in the book about preparing snacks or meals - because I'm also the type of person who ... when I want something to eat ... I want it NOW not in 30 minutes after cooking it ... NOW ... NOW ... NOW DAMN IT! lol
Right ... so thats the theory. I'm feeling quite buzzed about this. I was apprehensive about weigh in but now I've faced the music, drawn a line in the sand for 2006 and now I can move on and start achieving again. I just have to look back at my pre Abel Tasman bootcamp and how well I did on that ... for six weeks I tracked, I was honest with myself, I ate well, I exercised as planned and omg ... the results showed - the pics showed the difference of what just six short weeks can make. The whole key to those six weeks was that I committed to MYSELF. I did it then, I can do it again and its going to start now.
I also wanted to post some pics from my Cannon Point Walk last week - they are gorgeous shots looking down over my city of Upper Hutt.
hmmmmmmm for some reason I cant upload photos ... I'll try again later :(
Wednesday, January 04, 2006
Line in the Sand
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Glad you can't upload photos I have been trying for the last couple of hours, so maybe it is not just me after all being thick!!!!!!!
Cheers Jaxx :):)
Good on you hun.... if anyone can do it you can!
You go girl!
Love CM
You can do it again and you will do it again mate! You sound like you have it all under control which is great.
Hmmmm you are the 5th person I now know who got TOM yesterday (others are from the forum I belong too)!!! Definitely something in the air there I think!
Post a Comment