Monday, January 09, 2006

First Day Back @ Work!

and I loved it!

My day started off a bit pear shaped ... my good intentions of getting up and going to the gym kinda went belly up when I woke up at 4:00am this morning with quite an upset tummy :( - so I flagged the gym, had a sleep in until 6 and then went into work with Craig. It was great catching up with the few workmates that started today also. I'm lucky to work with such nice people! I think there were about 7 of us there today and I suggested that we all go out for a coffee and everyone agreed it was a great idea! LOL ... cant rush the first day back eh?

Surpisingly the morning went extremely quickly and I coerced a work colleague to walk up the botanical gardens to eat our lunch. We had a great natter, hes such a nice guy and very easy to talk to. Man it was hot today! It wasnt hard finding a nice big tree to eat our lunch under and get out of the sun thankfully!

The afternoon seemed to go just as quickly and I finished off a piece of work and decided I felt ok enough to walk to Craig's work. Boy was I sweating by the time I got there after 45 minutes of a reasonable paced walk. There was absolutely no wind and it was stifling hot - I must have known something because this morning when I packed my gym bag I put my sunblock in there too! LOL ... see I am learning something PLAN PLAN PLAN! *cheesy grin*

I felt on top of the world today being back in routine. I bought my lunch stuff for the week and I was back to normal with my breakfast, morning tea, lunch, afternoon and now ready for dinner. I am totally on track - will finish the day on 21pts with 6 exercise points and 3 bottles of water drunk. God that feels so good - today I achieved being back on track for 1 WHOLE day! Even after two years I get a kick out of being self motivated for one day LOL

Speaking of which ... its weigh in tomorrow! ARGHHHHHHHHH it only seems I weighed a couple of days ago - admittedly it was last Wednesday so it has only been a "6 day week" for me, but I'm confident of a SMALL loss this week. I'm also planning on swimming tomorrow afternoon after work :D

Welcome to the new people following my journey (Tina, LeighAnne, FBB) I really appreciate your comments and words of encouragement! To all you well seasoned followers thanks for coming back again and again and AGAIN for my daily drivel teehee you guys really know how to make this journey more positive :)

I love my jammies ... (another addiction) ... I'm wearnin them now! LOL they are pink cotton with little sheep all over them LMAO@ me

4 comments:

Chubbymum said...

LOL... I will be here forever he he he.

It is great being on routine isn't it.

I am finally feeling like my old self again and nothing will stop it. Thanks for your comment today. I brought an odometer today to see how far I am going etc and the boys and I tonight did 4.4 kilometres woohooo and it felt good.

Woohoo for your first day back.

Love CM

Karen said...

Yay for planning and being back on track! Hope you went for a walk this evening though... LMAO Or did the one this afternoon to meet Craig count as your evening walk???

Lynda said...

Daily drivel? How can the future Weight Watcher of the year's journal be called "drivel"? hehe

Seriously Helena, you are such an example to so many people - just for someone to know its possible to change their life as you have done must inspire them.

Anonymous said...

Funny I love that routine feeling too!

I agree with Lynda - your journal is not drivel!

Good luck with weigh in:)