Sunday, April 30, 2006

Girl time wiff lotsa laffs

wow where do I start?

I havent posted since Thurs and that seems a lifetime ago!

Friday
Gym work out - excellent. Weigh in not so excellent gained 600gms! arghhhhhhh
Had optometrist appointment for contact lens check, realised its been 3 years since my last check and had full checkup - everything is looking hunky dory YAY! Also discussed monthly disposable contact lenses, got a trial pair for a month so far so good and enjoying wearing them! Might go back to wearing contact lenses full time again.

Sat ... Haircut - new colour and about three inches chopped off the bottom, bit more layered and I like it. Electrolysis for chin fluff - scarey stuff, not pleasant but not unpleasant ... bit like the apprehension of getting a tattoo really - not as bad as I thought it was going to be. Then it home for housework, lunch and off to skating WOOHOO ... had a fantastic time, although spent about 30 mins trying to find some comfortable skates, should have noted the number of the skates I wore last week! Night at home blobbing and drinking red wine! OOPS.

Sunday
Got a txt from Jo saying she was on her way just before 8:30am! WOOHOO The girlie trip had finally arrived! YAYYYYYYY

OMG just getting to Palmy was a mission and a half, we talked the whole way up - lots of laughs and good fun. Stopped at Otaki Street Market it was great, they musta seen the "townies" comin a mile off! LOL On our way out of the market I spotted a pair of black boot skates - great condition, tried them on and they fitted perfecto! $6.00! Had to buy them, everyone had a bloody good laugh at that one.

Finally got to Palmy dead on 11:30 and met Jenny for the first time and saw Anne again. Fantastic ladies. Next up were Felicity and Janine, soon followed by Janene and Jorja. I had pancakes YUMMOOOOOOOO had a delicious raspberry sauce/topping thing so didnt need too much maple syrup. Had a great catch up with Felicity, lovely to finally get to met another wonderful, inspiring lady. After lunch we went shopping. Picture it ... 8 gasbagging women and two kiddies in pushchairs LMAO! I think it took us about 30 minutes in Millars and 1 hour in Kmart alone! hehe ... was great fun.

We finished with a tour of Ezibuy - got a pair of black pants which are fantastic length for me ... Jo reckons my legs look hot in them *giggle* and got away from Palmy just on 4:00pm. It seemed to get dark real quick and we were all pretty knackered as we got closer to home. It had been a big day!

After getting dropped off I shot down to Arthur's, neighbour to my inlaws. After living in the street for 40 years hes moving down south to be with his family. Lovely bbq and about 3 cans of bourbon and coke, but very sad - hes been "one of the family" for 35 odd years - lovely lovely man, myself and especially Craig will miss him dearly.

Got home about an hour ago and its been a mad rush packing my bag. Heading to Christchurch for the week. The shuttle van picks me up @ 5:15am tomorrow so I need to get my arse to bed and get some sleep. Hard work picking what to wear! Dont know if it's going to be mild or freezing down there! Sneaks and gym gear packed - going to use it ... need to work off all those restaurant meals.

Not sure if I'll be able to update during the week.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Your legs and arse definitely looked good in those pants chickeee!!! And the length was just right too :)
Had a great day - hope you had a nice evening at Arthurs but yes you guys will miss him heaps!
Hope all is going well in Chch!

JustJo said...

I miss you!!!!!! You still on for skating on Sat arvo? Might even convince Rach to come along too! YAY!!!