Monday, April 10, 2006

Whether the weather b hot

or whether the weather be cold ... its bloody well interferring with my life. How rude of it!

This morning I woke at 4:20am to the brightest lightening flashes and loudest thunder claps in a long time! I managed to drop off back to sleep and then the alarm went off. Time to go be an athlete. I got out of bed, got dressed and was just remarking to Craig about how strange it was to have all this thunder and lightening with no rain ... before the word "rain" left my lips it suddenly started bucketing. I mean bucketing down. Torrential. So I thought thats ok, this athlete can handle this, so I pulled on my wet weather pants and sneakers ... and the rain started getting heavier. I looked out the window and there was a waterfall running down our street! LOL I decided that I would be soaked, by the time I got to the end of the driveway, let alone before I got to the railway station a kilometre away! So this warm, dry athlete got undressed again and snuggled back in her sack. hehe

Had a fantastic day at work today. I was the only one there, everyone else was on a course WOOHOO. I got so much done it was quite incredible. I had a meeting up the other end of town @ 2:30 so after I finished that I went swimming!

Thoroughly enjoyed my half hour in the pool followed by 10 mins in the sauna. ahhhhhhhhhhhh bliss! I have to say though, walking back to work after my swim I was absolutely shattered, I caught myself dragging my feet a few times. I was completely fatigued LOL So I finished off my swim session with a 25 min walk back to work, just in time to get picked up by Craig and our chariot to be whisked off home.

Steak for dinner tonight. It was bloody delicious. I'm not a huge steak fan, but everyone now and again I have a hankering for a nice piece of steak and tonight I was well rewarded! :)

My eyeballs are just about closing again, I'm bloody tired, so I'm going to have an early night.

Fingers crossed that I get out for my walk tomorrow morning!

2 comments:

michelle said...

So the rain gods were with you or against you??HMMM.. bed sounded nice. That swim does sound relaxing. I think I might investigate the local pool.

Anne said...

Bed sounds far better than getting soaked:)