Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Smokinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Ok, so today was a pretty cool day. I was pumped, from the time the alarm went off right up until now!

I had an early night last night and I dreamed allsorts of weird and wonderful things, mostly about friends and fun times! Like camping and hiking and SKATINGGGGGGGG

Ok so that sounds a bit obsessive but omg ... if the rink was open now and I could go for a skate I bloody well would! I was telling my colleagues at work about my skating adventure and I was amazed at how many people wanted to do it also! It seems like EVERYONE used to skate as a kid and they havent been on skates since. Oh yeah ... Hi Rachael - the Upper Hutt Roller Skating Club is located in Upper Hutt - Goodshed Road, northside of Lifestyle Gym - down a long driveway. Oh and I dont have sore legs or butt or any aches and pains from my jaunt around the rink yesterday - YAY FOR ME!

So I completed a full workout at the gym this morning and sweat my butt off. I've eaten really well today and I was ready for my walk with Jo tonight ... rain or shine, yep thats right I was even prepared to walk in the rain! SCAREYYYYYYYYYYY! Thankfully it didnt rain and because its getting so dark much earlier now we followed the main road and street lights. As usual the time flew past because we gasbagged the whole way hehe

I missed weigh in because of ANZAC Day and didnt think to block time out in my diary today to go to a different weigh in. My day tomorrow is shot also, but I might get a chance to nip down on Friday so I'll aim for that. I wont be weighing next week because I'll be in Christchurch for a week completing an Audit. Getting really excited about the work, something new for me and a development opportunity which is really cool. Downside is I'll be staying in a hotel and eating restaurant meals every day - including breakfast! Upside is they have access to the Les Mills gym so I plan to get down there four days. Another upside is that its about 2kms from the office to the Hotel so I can take my walking shoes with me and walk to and from the office. Downside is ... I dont think I'd feel safe walking alone in the dark - morning or night. Downside I'll miss Craig and dawgs like crazy. Upside it'll be a great opportunity to network with some of people I talk to on the phone often.

Right, another early night cos I'm up early and out walking again.

I have this crazy urge to go running right now ... I've go so much bloody energy hmmmmmmmmm ... Craiggggggggggggggggggg *wink* hehe

6 comments:

Felicity said...

Skating is one of the things I want to do when I get to goal that and horse riding 2 things I was always too scared to do as a kid...making a fool of myself that fat chick fell of the horse...one day Pleased u had agood day.

michelle said...

You sound so full of energy it is bursting out everywhere. I am impressed with the roller skating. I have never been able to do that. What a great exercise combining fun and laughter as well.

Rachel said...

Thanks for the directions for the skating rink. I have lived in the Hutt Valley for 18 years and never new there was one in Upper Hutt (not that I actually looked before). Unfortunatley I am tied up this Saturday but might venture down there next Saturday.

Kate said...

*giggle*

I love reading your posts, especially the cheeky energetic ones! :-)

Anonymous said...

Hi there. I'm new to posting on your site - read it all the time. We work for the same place (I'm in another office) - I picked that up from your photo ID that you put on here one day. And I also noted you are doing an Audit next week - have fun! That is my role in the organisation and I really enjoy it. Take care.

Anne said...

Energy to burn girl!! You really are pumping!

Looking forward to seeing you all on Sunday:)