Sunday, February 11, 2007

Wild Weekend

gawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwdddddddddd wot a weekend!

Friday was a standard kinda Friday. Wasnt too sore after my workout with Hamish - THANK GOD! I was starting to think that every Saturday was going to be spent in recovery! Ate well, drank lots of water and got to bed early.

Saturday we were up early cos we were heading to Picton for the day! Yep Craig's bday on Monday, so we decided a few weeks ago it would be nice to pop down for the day. Unfortunately the weather wasnt primo, but it wasnt raining so that was the main thing! We played miniputt and I won - in the 18 years we've been together, I can now officially say I've won three times! WOOHOO lol its always been a challenge on the miniputt course! We had lunch, a wander around, did all the pubs and I got horribly horribly drunk! :D A girlfriend picked us up at 9:00pm when we got in and dropped us home - the star that she is ! I basically walked in the door, and headed straight to bed - didnt take my makeup off, didnt do my teeth, just got undressed and crashed! LMAO

This morning my head was a little tender ... however my darling decided he HAD to road test his new pushbike so we took off for a 2 hr ride down the riverbank - from Silverstream to Totara Park - by the time we got home it was a quick trip through the shower, then on the Harley and down to Lower Hutt for brunch with some mates.

I had a very important appointment to keep at 12:30 ... motorbike school! YEP, today I passed the tests and got my basic handling skills certificate so now I can apply for my motorcycle learner licence *giggle*. It was great fun - once I worked out the clutch and throttle - it was a piece of cake. We had to do slow riding, zigzaging through cones, emergency braking, braking and getting the front wheel inside a square, cornering and cornering with emergency braking! Yeeeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaaaaaa I was absolutely shattered after 4.5hrs! I was a little sunburnt, thirsty, hungry and starting to get a hell of a headache! We basically got home, cooked dinner, had a tidy up and now I'm ready for my bed!

My food was rubbish yesterday, although I did start off the day well by buying muesli and yoghurt on the ferry - even Craig was impressed I think! LOL Today I havent eaten enough, thats only because breakfast was rolled into lunch and this afternoon I didnt have time to eat - I was too busy ridingggggggggggggggggggggg LOL

Saturday food:
Breakfast - yoghurt and muesli
Lunch - chicken schnitzel, salad, chips, peppermint tea
Dinner - piece of battered fish, chips
Snacks - 8 glasses of wine (teehee), 80gms roasted unsalted cashew nuts
Water - 3.5ltrs of water (at least I kept my water up!)

Sunday food:
Brunch - english muffin, two poached eggs, ham, lettuce, peppermint tea
Dinner - scotch fillet, oven potatoe wedges, salad, onions/mushrooms
Snacks - 6 vitawheat, Vegemite/PB
Water - 3ltrs of water

4 comments:

Anne said...

Love your post - that pair of you make me grin. Full of fun and young at heart:) Sounds as if your weekend really was all go!

Rachel said...

Yay, passing the motorbike test!
You'll be riding Craig's Harley in no time.........LMAO.

Glad you had a nice day in Picton for Craigs birthday, also glad you didn't let him win at Miniputt because it was his birthday....haha.

Karen said...

Go girl! Yay for passing the test but then I always knew you would do it with flying colours! :) Look out Craig! He will need to chain up his Harley or you will be taking it out for rides all the time! LOL

Sounds like you had a fab time in Picton... and yay for winning the minigolf! I don't think I can ever recall winning a game of that!

Chris H said...

oooooooo, you gunna be a "Real" bikie chick! How much fun is that? Craig better watch out, you'll be making him sit on the back soon. ha ha ha