Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Leftovers for Lunch

The recipes I've been making make more than just two serves, so I've been indulging in these different concoctions for lunch too! Devine. Yesterday it was Leek Soup and Pinwheel Scones, today it was Thai Chicken curry - tomorrow it will be Pasta Pie! My workmates are drooling!!

In the WW magazine I bought (the one before the current one) it has a basic recipe for bolognaise sauce made with mince and then it has all these recipes you can make with the basic sauce - cottage pie, pasta pie, meat pie, spring roll wraps - who would have thought manky ole mince was so versatile! So I made up the basic recipe, it needed half to make dinner tonight. The other half of the recipe has been portioned out and put in the freezer. Tonights dinner was enough for 6 portions so that's been divvied up and put in the freezer or ready for us to take for lunch tomorrow ... omg I feel like a domestic goddess so planned and organised! LOL

Both yesterday AND today I have been at lunchtime sessions where free food has been a plenty and on offer ... but I remembered the free food catchcry from a previous WW meeting that said ...

It may be free food, but its costing YOU points!

*sigh* I think I've got it ... FINALLY got it. I had a drink of water and went back to the office and ate my lunch ... my delicious point friendly lunch that I made myself! *proud grin*

This morning I got out of bed early and took Jack out for our first morning walk in about 4 weeks! We got about a third of the way around our circuit and the heavens opened up so we took a short cut and were about 10 mins away from home when we were rescued by my knight in shining armour! Got pretty drenched but didnt melt.

Heading to the gym again tomorrow morning for another chat with Mr Arc Trainer :)

2 comments:

Sue said...

My poor dog has been very neglected this winter - just don't seem to be able to force myself to take him for a walk!

Anne said...

Great planning with the menus - you make it sound easy!!