Oh crap, only 6 days in LA and we want to go to about a dozen theme parks!!!!!!!!! arghhhhhhhh ... I've found a roller coaster theme park that is bound to make me wet my pants and I wanna go to it reallll bad (along with the black tshirt I'll pack some plastic pants) *giggle* It's the six flags *magic mountain* theme park.
The first ride that caught my eye was ... Tatzu - open in May 2006
Unlike traditional coasters, this one-of-a-kind flying beast will take the
coaster experience to the next generation as riders face a never-been done- before completely integrated flight pattern -- up, down, over and through -- the Park’s distinct mountainous terrain. Suspended beneath the track, in a "horizontal to Earth" flying position, riders will launch from high atop Samurai Summit and traverse a 263-foot elevation change spanning four separate areas of the Park at speeds in excess of 62 miles-per-hour (thats over 100kmph). The flying experience sends riders darting in-and-out of looming trees, blazing over a series of high-speed spirals, banked turns and zero gravity drops.
*squeal* The ride takes 2 minutes. I'm just about wetting my pants thinking about it now! YEEEHAAAAAAAAAW
of course there is also the Scream ride ...
Riders are strapped into "flying chairs" racing at intense speed with their feet dangling in the air - no track above their head, no coach around their seats - basically sitting in a flying chair - screaming through a series of Xtreme maneuvers. 65miles per hour and the first drop is over 150ft *scream*
and if that doesnt make me throw up my foot long hot dog and diet coke ... I could always give "X" a go ...
Prototype vehicles that spin 360-degrees forwards and backwards. One twisting front flip, two back flips and two raven turns that will apparently leave me speechless! (or so the info says!)
For the first time ever, riders race in prototype vehicles that can now spin independently 360-degrees forwards or backwards on a separate axis -- creating an unprecedented "don't know what to expect next" sensation. Perched on the EDGE of a massive 20-foot wide wing-shaped vehicle, riders plummet 200 feet to the ground - head-first face down -- and race at 76 miles-per-hour spinning head-over-heels and performing forward and backward acrobatics through the massive 3,600-foot twisting steel maze.
At least they got something right in the good ole US of A!
Monday, August 28, 2006
Dilema
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
OMG woman!!!! You are a hell a of lot braver than I will ever me!!!!! I can only just manage a ferris wheel and a merry go round! LMAO!! I did do a roller coaster (and a very small mild one at that) once and promptly threw up everything I had eaten!
But I must admit the park does sound like lots of fun!
Ooooooohhhhhhhhhhh I'm so jealous. When I lived in OZ I went to all the theme parks (several times) and loved the biggest, scariest rides they had. There's just something unique about scaring the pants off yourself..........LOL
We want photo's of all the insane rides you go on :)
Holy hell girl!!! My daughter would love you - but me - I like my feet on the ground (and my food in my tummy)!!!!
Funny I was reading this and watching Amazing race on theme park rides. I couldn't stomach any of those rides.
Post a Comment