Friday, August 25, 2006

I'm runnin free YEAH

Iron Maiden ... good grief, who would have thought me ... nearly 36yrs old would be going to an Iron Maiden concert in London? LMAO ... I need to remember to pack a black tshirt. It's funny being considered as a bogan. People seem to think because you live in Upper Hutt and listen to metal music you must be a bogan ... I wonder how many people when they meet met outside of that environment know I'm a rock chick from way back?

Although people say looks dont matter - and its all about personality ... scientific research says that 90% of someones impression is made within 30 seconds of meeting someone new. In other words you will make up your mind within 30 seconds of meeting someone new if you will pursue a relationship/conversation/friendship ... whatever with that person. Amazin stuff really. When you think about it like that it seems pretty shallow eh? But thats the way to cookie crumbles so to speak.

Anyway, I'm sick again. Headcold - blocked up and feeling sorry for myself. Didnt go to work today and I feel like I've struggled through the last 8-10 days really. I think its stress related, but I think I'm getting on top of it. Had a session at work yesterday where we analysed our working preferences. It's called the TMI - similar to Myers Briggs. According to the TMI I'm a "creator promoter" - I like to visualise, create, promote, design, sell - but I'm not a good finisher. Gee that makes alot of sense. However, as the day wore on I was thinking to myself - good grief is that why I've been so stressed lately. In my day to day job I'm having to work in a way that isnt my preferred way. I'm having to pick up jobs and take them from woe to go when my strengths are all the up front work of getting things underway. It's ok to work for a period of time in ways that arent your preferences, but I've been doing this now for about 8 months and maybe its starting to take its toll. I'm also an extrovert - which I kinda knew all along, I'm creative and I'm very beliefs based. So basically when I feel really strongly about something I will stick to my guns and it takes a lot of convincing to make me change my mind.

It's always good to find out more about yourself. Maybe thats why I'm struggling so much with my journey - I started it but now 2.5yrs down the track I'm looking for the next life challenge. However, I know I HAVE to finish this journey, I have to, its not an option - this is one thing that I HAVE to finish.

1 comment:

Kate said...

My goodness, you know what? The other day I saw a lady at the shops and I swear it was you!! It was exactly how you will look at goal - she looked amazing. Hehe, I could have sworn it was you though!