bloody XTRA!
The temperature has definately dropped. It was raining when I got up this morning so I didnt go out for a walk and grabbed an extra hours sleep instead! WOOHOO! The "excuse talk" at WW yesteday couldnt have come at a better time for me. Today I was invited to present to a group of staff members and part of the "enticement" for me to do it was to offer me a free lunch! LOL Of course I agreed to present whether there was a lunch or not as it is part of my job after all! So in the back of my mine was my little saying ... free food, costs me ... shit thats good! I managed myself wonderfully by having a decent snack at morning tea - cornthins (4) a banana and a yoghurt and it worked a treat! I didnt get back to the office until 1:30pm and then I had my lunch! Instead of grazing on the food table I introduced myself to some of the attendees and had a catch up with them instead ... and you know what I wasnt even tempted. It may be free food but it would cost ME points. YAY On my way back to the office I also bumped into a lady I worked with in 2004 - the last time I saw her was when my sister had come out from Oz and I'd lost 30kgs. She almost didnt recognise me and she said so. hehe ... they are the compliments that I like the best - the ones where there is the *open mouth* OMFG look at you, gobsmacked, disbelief compliments that really get me hummin hehe. It was funny cos I had on my way too big jacket and thought ... you really cant see that much of me - but I'll take the compliment and run anyway. Some more excuses I forgot to post last night was
I'm too busy to track, plan, eat, exercise (and you are doing this why then?)
I've worked hard I'm allowed to treat myself every now and again (since when does now and again constitute twice a day?)
It's not fair, why cant I just eat what I like ... just like everyone else (cos everyone else cant just eat what they like either - they are thinner because they are more active than you so get your arse moving oh and .. they dont eat like there is no tomorrow)
I've got an excellent exercise regime going, I can afford to eat more now (yep go on have it ... and get your fat arse back on that treadmill for another 30 minutes to get rid of it)
My Dr told me to eat more protein (um protein does not equal chocolate honey)
hehe ... they are quite funny to read when you right them down. Glad I did and glad some of you reading this identified with them. They do look kinda pathetic really. The silly thing is ... we know the bloody answers and we continue to sabotage ourselves with them.
TOM - interesting discussion about that. Yes women do naturally tend to retain fluid around that time however, much of the "weight gain" is a myth. Research has been done which identified that because we know its on its way our brain is programmed to respond i.e. cravings, hunger, anxiety, stress, depression etc etc and without us even realising what the hell we are doing, we naturally react to it. The other thing is research shows that any water retention or weight gain only lasts for a very short time (i.e. day or so). So TOM is only a 50/50 excuse. It's just unfortunate that its something that many of us cant control and our brain takes over our mouths before we even realise what the hell is going on. It's a bit like the sick thing, when I get sick there is no one ... and I mean NO ONE else in the world who could possibly be sicker than I at the point in time. LOL I am pathetic and because I talk myself into being worse than what I am everything goes out in sympathy with me including my brain, mouth and stomach. I know enough about it to control it, but I just dont. So my solution is ... DONT GET SICK LEENIE! woohoo!
Anyway I’m rambling … ah screw it who cares if I ramble, its my blog and I will damn well ramble as much as I like! Which makes me think about some entries people make saying “I wont bore you with the details” – BORE US, that’s why we read your bloody entries. Or the other thing is … its your blog write what ever that hell you like – isn’t that what the deal here is? Don’t you ever go back and read some of your entries and say oh yeah that’s right I remember that day I was happy, sad, lonely, horny, tired, grumpy, proud, ecstatic or brain dead? Or do you just purely write for us?
My brain was feeling quite fried this afternoon close to home time and I started to talk myself out of walking this evening. I was feeling heavy and gross (excuse #1) and it looked like it was clouding over (excuse #2) and the temperature outside was dropping (excuse #3) and it seemed to be getting dark really fast (excuse #4) and it would be late by the time we ate dinner (excuse #5) and as we started to get closer to home I was feeling incredibly tired (excuse #6) however despite all these PATHETIC excuses I told myself
· I’d feel much better afterward,
· a bit of rain hasnt killed me yet
· I can put on my beanie/scarf and gloves
· I’m used to walking in the dark + I have a ferocious dog to protect me
· we normally eat dinner around 7:30 anyway, and
· I’m only tired because I haven’t expended any energy today.
So when I got home I went out and walked Jack. For an hour.
I felt great, it didn’t rain, I stayed warm by wrapping up, the dark doesn’t scare me, we’ve eaten dinner, done the dishes and watched a bit of telly and its not late and now I have a genuine reason to feel tired – because I got active.
TAAAAAAAAAA DAAAAAAAAAAAAAA *takes bow*
I rock.
No comments:
Post a Comment