Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Tuesdayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

I'm hoping I might get a decent nights sleep tonight. I dont know what the hell has been going on but since home from holiday I am finding it really difficult to

  • get to sleep
  • stay asleep
  • get comfortable in bed
  • wake up when I do finally get to sleep

Craig suggested he could put the airbed up in the lounge for me ... yeahhhhhhhh great idea! I love the airbed, always sleep well on that.

I'm picking its probably the heat, thankfully today its cooled down somewhat. Maybe its cos daylight savings ends this weekend? Oh god that means next week is going to be a shocker too!

I'm really motivated about my journey again, real exciting stuff. I talked to some friends in the weekend about my surgery and afterwards I replayed the conversations through my mind and thought ... omg I am so lucky to be able to have this done, I need to stop thinking of the negatives (i.e. pain, money, losing the rest of the weight) and just focus on getting on with it. Sometimes I think everyone else is more excited about it than what I am, but I am really excited - scared and nervous too, but omg I just know that the surgery will literally change my life, maybe I'm worried that it will change "me" ... but I'm still me, just a more positive, pumped up, more confident me? Hmmmmmmm its weird.

Now ... here is a shameless plug about my Hamish. My fab personal trainer, who I am going to see in two day who is going to kick my arse for the next 6 months ... gotta love that. Hamish has got his own website up for his company - he needs web traffic ... so pop along, sign up for his monthly newsletter - they make great reading, all sorts of topics - training tips, motivation etc ... go on ... have a look

http://www.pulsept.co.nz/

at the moment he has this fab distance map, that you plug in your co-ordinates and it tells you how far your walk or run is in kms or miles - its great! I worked out my standard circuit is 6.73kms - far more accurate that my bloody pedometre!

Food today

Breakfast: cereal, yoghurt, banana

Lunch: (went out for a function) - roasted vege filo parcel, green salad

Dinner: beef and black bean stirfry (homemade), plums

Snacks: pear, nectarine, plum, vitawheats with pb and vegemite, 6 brazil nuts, 6 almonds

Water: 3 litres

Tried camomile tea for the first time today ... hmmmmm not sure about it, its definately got a taste of its own - will try it again next week and see if I like it or not. They reckon you need to try something nine times before you will like it.

4 comments:

Lynda said...

Thanks for that link - I love map my run!!! It turns out I walk 7km every day - not too shabby.

Chris H said...

I for one, am really excited for you about the surgery.... You will not feel "different" in yourself mate, just 1000 percent more confident! I too was as nervous as hell leading up to the surgery, and on the day quite terrified, but it is worth every nerve racking moment, and the pain afterwards.... just you wait! Are you getting tissue inplanted into your butt? I did hee hee, now I have a cute bum!

Anne said...

A really exciting year ahead for you. Great Chris can give you positive thoughts about it all.

Love that site. Had a play around this morning with the map and working out walks - now just have to go and do them!

Dmitry Petrova said...

Hi Helena,

I just wanted to say that it has been a pleasure working with you. You have served me as a personal inspiration and motivated me to finally get my A into G about exercise and healthy eating after a long long period of apathy.

Keep in touch.

Jacob