Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Big Day

Got up this morning and went out for a walk - took just on an hour, sweating buckets by the time I got home!

At 9:30 I had a smear test appointment - I actually wasnt too apprehensive about it, after my first one in a long time last year I'm pretty relaxed about it all now LOL While I was there she took my blood pressure - text book 124/80 WOOHOO!!!!!!!! Thats the best reading I've had in years. At my highest weight it was 165/110! *gulp* Thats a pretty big achievement and I'm wrapt with that.

After the Drs I came home did some washing then thought it was such a gorgeous day I'd go for a bike ride. So I put Craig's new bike in the back of the stationwagon and took off up to the Rimutaka Incline! Took me 1 hour to get up and 35 minutes to come back down.

I had some work work at home so pottered away on that for the afternoon - I need more days like today ... lots of activity and fun witha bit of work thrown in for good luck! LOL

Food
Breakfast - cereal, seeds, banana, yoghurt
Lunch - protein bar, bottle of Powerade
Dinner - Home made vegetarian pizza - pita bread, capsicum, mushroom, onion, cheese, pasta sauce
Snacks - handful bujha mix
Water - 4ltrs

2 comments:

Chris H said...

Wow, great ride! I've got RPM tomorrow, hope me nether regions forgive me! lol

Anne said...

Well done on the BP!! That's when it shows the hard work is paying off. You really have worked to improve your health - what a great feeling that is!

My highest reading was similar to yours, can remember the second figure being 110! I buried my head so much in the sand I told myself it wasn't that bad.