Thursday, February 02, 2006

Calmed Down

hehe

Man I was on such a high after my boot purchase yesterday, I didnt even really update my adventures! I've had a really good training week todate! Next week, the last week before the triathlon I'll be halving my exercise, keeping myself tuned but resting in preparation at the same time ... god I even sound like a professional athlete! *giggle*

Craig is adorable, every morning when the alarm goes off (its on his side), he says "good morning athlete, time to go be athletic" LMAO then switches off the alarm and promptly goes back to sleep! LOL - I really am a routine chick - Monday, Wednesday, Friday its my gym routine - Tuesday, Thursday its my walk routine. Yesterday I did get to the gym, sweated my arse off and then headed up to Jo's after work and we went out for a walk. Man the time goes fast when you walk with someone, we gasbagged the whole circuit and the time just flew past! I feel really in tune with Jo, probably because we are so close in size - both height and weight - just different body shapes and so many of our experiences in terms of our weight have been so similar.

Today, I did my walk routine - well half run/half walk - I'm actually starting to feel reasonably confident with my running now - I'm mentally psyching myself for it. I know I'll never be a "runner" but ... *whispering quietly* I do actually enjoy my 10 or 15 minute jogs - probably because I really feel like I've accomplished something ... not sure, but its a good feeling. I went swimming this afternoon - again I didnt count my lengths I just swam and swam and swam with all these wonderful thoughts and visions going through my mind - it was cool.

Work as usual is full on - my diary is booked up now until I go camping in 3 weeks! 3 bloody weeks! YIPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE ... I'm wondering what's going to happen in my absence ... I've never been away from the group this long before, only ever a couple of days here and there, I tend to play a bit of peacemaker role in the team so it'll be interesting to see how everyone plays in the sandpit. LOL

I went out for lunch today, a lady leaving the office. I chose a penne pasta dish, spicey tomatoe sauce with bacon and basil ... it was gorgeous, I was so tempted to have the chicken burger and chips but I thought no ... I'll do the pasta for a change - glad I did, I felt really good for making that choice. I will get this eating under control, I know I will.

I was looking at the evening courses on offer at our local colleges and I'm really tempted next term to do a relaxation massage class or a pilates class ... I think that would be pretty cool.

Right early night, gym tomorrow morning

Oh yeah ... found this on a blog and thought it was pretty good LOL

We all get heavier as we get older because there's a lot more information in our heads. So I'm not fat, I'm just really intelligent and my head couldn't hold any more so it started filling up the rest of me! That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

4 comments:

Karen said...

Hey mate - let me know if you go ahead with those classes as I would be quite keen too especially if I had company to go with...
And yes I love that quote you got from the blog... always makes me smile!
Well done on lunch choice too! :)

Chubbymum said...

OMG you sound pumped.. I still read your blog and feel like it is me writing... I mean you are going camping. I am going camping this weekend. Evening courses... I am trying to find one to do at the moment...

NOW.... for me to lose 60 kilos he he he he... do you feel stalked... nope... just thinking the same things at the same time.

Chubbymum
P.S love reading you online on your new blog.

Lynda said...

Thanks for your comment - I'd really like to meet you too. Its such an ordeal trying to meet up with everyone when we go to Wgtn but I must catch up with Karen again so it would be great for us to all get together. I'll definitely do that next time I'm down.

Jules said...

My dream is to wear black boots again one day. Great to see you over at blogger, much easier to leave a comment!