Thursday, February 09, 2006

3 Sleeps to go

First it was three work days to go and now its three sleeps to go ... three sleeps to go until I get to strut my stuff woohoo ... cos its all about me ... me me me me me me ... selfish eh? I used to think that, but I reckon lots of people gain benefit out of me being fitter, healthier, happier, sexier, smilier, smaller, confident, sharing, willing, capable etc etc ... so it cant be that selfish eh?

There was a very inspiring email sent to me by the organisers of the SHE Triathlon, it refers back to the bloke Shane Hook who is the main thruster behind this countrywide event. His story is here ... http://www.tri.co.nz/default.asp?PageID=2887 and I identified reading it.

F**k hope my tshirt fits me!

My competitor number is #1222 wont forget that one in a hurry. I'm in "wave 6", the waves have 30 competitors and they leave 1 minute apart. My friend from work is in wave 60! she'll be an hour behind me! :( I was hoping we get to have a jog together. There are apparently about 1450 competitors ... thats a lot of lycra!

Ok I am really excited now.

Work has finished for the week. Tomorrow I am busy getting Craig's party organised and underway and then I park up until Sunday. I havent done any exercise since my gym workout on Wednesday woops that was only yesterday, see I already feel lazy ... 24 hours of being inactive! LOL

Ok I am REALLY excited now.

Far out ... I cant believe I am actually doing this ... how bloody exciting. I managed to buy myself some lycra run shorts they finish just above the knee - I'll wear them under my togs. Ooh and they are a size "L" thank god for stretchy lycra! LOL

Come in #1222 your time is up ... I wonder how long its going to take me ... who cares ... I just wanna FINISH! I've asked friends/family to make sure they get snaps of me coming over the finish line, cant wait to post them on here so I can go back again and again and again and have a look at my achievement. It really is all about me YIPPEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Quite logical really ... nothing is going to happen unless I-Me-Myself-I make it happen, so logically its has to be about me

Did I mention how excited I am LOL

5 comments:

Karen said...

Wooooohoooo not long to go at all #1222!!! Will TRY to be there on Sunday to watch you but as we have a big party to go to on Saturday night I can't make any promises but I will TRY!
I hope Craigs party goes well though :)

Anonymous said...

Do I have this right - you have a party Saturday night and then the Tri Sunday morning?? What are you - Wonder Woman??!!

I can only imagine what a huge buzz it will be, to know that you ahve turned your life around so much to able to compete in a Tri. Really do admire anyone who is competing, a real challenge!

Go No: #1222!!! Can't wait to hear how it all goes.

Helena said...

nup party is tonight! Friday night, I'm not that crazy LOL ... its just started thunder and lightening *sigh* ... oh well we'll just have to drink more :p I'll be in bed by 8:00pm tomorrow night in prep for Sunday LOL

Felicity said...

You will do fantastic Go Go Go

Unknown said...

Wooohoooo!!! Can't wait to see the piccies! Good luck my friend, I'm sure you will do just fine. And yes, it is all about you, you, YOU!! :)