Monday, February 06, 2006

3 Day Week

woohoo, just a 3 day week this week.

Had a most excellent day today - out and about enjoying our gorgeous country and the great weather it ocassionally throws at us! LOL

Craig and I got up early and hit the road. He was on my bike and I was walking ... well actually I ran the first 1.3kms (he measured it on the bike computer) LOL and I was running at9.5kms per hour! holy crap I think the comp is on the blink, I'm only running 8kph on the treadmill at the gym ... anyhow ... I felt athletically buggered at the the end of my run LOL We carried on walking and went up to the Shell Service Station on Fergy Drive - to put some air in the tyres and then i suggested instead of coming back down our usual route, how bout we cut through Trentham Memorial Park and then back down the river bank? So we did - it made a lovely change. As we were coming down the back of the golf course, right next to the river I half jokingly stopped and said I wonder if there are any fish in there. Well wouldnt ya know ... there was a foot long trout just down in front of us, couldnt bloody believe it!

We got home 1 hr 10 mins later and walked 8.9kms - I felt great! Had breakkie, a showerr and then packed up our picnic hampers and coolie bags, picked up Craigs parent, shot round to his sisters and we all went up to Kaitoke Waterworks. It was so lovely up there, being outside in the bush surroundings. We all absolutely stuffed ourselves for lunch - we had fresh bread rolls, cold chicken and other meats, coleslaw, vegetable quiche, bacon & egg pie, yoghurt, muffins, fresh fruit ... oh man it was yum. We went for a wander up to the waterworks after lunch its only a 15 min walk but just right for my 5 and 3 yr old niece and nephew. My little niece decided she would help me with my training so her and I jogged up the hill and when I was jogging to slow she would smack my bum and yell "run aunty leenie run!" LOL Craig and his sister thought it was great and started chiming in with "Run Forest Run" LOL I think I need her to follow me round my triathlon course next week.

I've always had this massive fear of the little kids one day asking me why I was so fat ... fingers crossed it hasnt happened ... YET. I kinda keep hoping that if I'm active and playing with them when we spend time together they wont notice that? LOL Ummmmmmm wishful thinking on my part, god knows the innocence of 3 and 5 year olds just makes them say and ask things without the fear of what it means LOL However, my neice doesnt seem to worry too much while I'm her "horsie" and shes riding around on my back playing with my hair and my nephew is far too interested in playing with Uncle Craig down by the creek with his tree branch fishing rod. Guess I'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

So its just three days work this week. A busy day tomorrow from what I can recall of my diary. Wed and Thurs are days at my desk I think, so thats all good. Friday is a busy day. I've taken the day off to prep for Craig's piss up ... um I mean party. My husband is going to be 40. Far out, it seems only like yesterday I was a teenager and he was in his early 20's and we were inseperable. So I've got his Mum coming up mid morning to help me with the supper stuff while I decorate his cake. I have a hair appt just after lunch then I need to be home to put the pig and lamb on the spit and before I know it all his roudy mates will be here ... and we didnt time it too great - its the first game of the Super14! Hurricanes vs The Blues! So I guess the tellie will be on while we eat our spit roast.

I've decided on my training for this week - I need to take it easy, not over do it, but still keep on the edge so the speak. So this is what I am planning:

Tuesday - Walk morning, swim afternoon
Wednesday - gym morning, walk with Jo in arvo if shes around
Thursday - nothing
Friday - 30 min hill walk in morning - maybe
Sat - nothing
Sunday - Triathlon

I find it really hard to see the words nothing written there. These days its hard for me to plan NOT to do any exercise - it just doesnt seem right LOL wish I was like that with my food! *smirk* hmmmmmmmm although when I decide stuff it I cant be arsed, I dont exercise - like
Sat and Sunday this weekend, I didnt do anything!

Ok time for my weekly clean up bath. I've already given myself a manicure and painted my finger and toenails - now I need to clean up the rest of this body.

Oh and a big thanks to the commenters from yesterday - maybe I just had a bad run at The Warehouse or something, but after trying Porirua, Petone & Upper Hutt and still coming away with nothing - not sure what the deal is there! Maybe what they have and what I want dont seem to be matching up LOL

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have a full on week planned - have fun at the 40th!

Your post are so energetic - you are always on the go!

Karen said...

I have only recently started hearing about Kaitoke Camping ground - think I must go check it out myself as everyone seems to rave about it!
You sure do have a short but full on week!