yep the water baby is finally back at the pool. I was pleasantly surprised at how well I managed to do 20 lengths - 12 freestyle non-stop and 8 breaststroke non-stop. After about the 4th length I felt like my lung was going to explode out the bottom of my ribs so I had to calm myself and slow down and remind myself this isnt a race. It was wonderful being back in the water - although an outdoor pool it was lovely and warm and even the sun was shining - life is good!
Now I just need to get back on my bike.
The crazyiest thing happened to me today. I work for a large organisation and we have a monthly electronic newsletter for staff. Last month there was a great article about health and fitness - it co-incided with Health and Safety week - there was an article from a health profession which talked about all sorts of stuff and the article invited staff to comment on it back to the editor. So I did. I wrote an email about how important it was for individuals to take responsibility etc etc and a bit about how I'd committed to a lifestyle change nearly 3 years ago etc etc ... well cut a long story short, this months newsletter came out and my comment was in there! OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG I was suddenly barraged with emails from around the countryside congratulating me and saying how inspirational my efforts have been LMAO! Ooh I got a few phone calls too ... one from a lovely lady in Hamilton who has lost nearly 23 kilos herself! Embarrassing but quite humbling all the same LOL ... that'll teach me for shooting my mouth off.
My pecs are still tender from their workout on Monday!
A bit of a side line here ... for anyone looking for cheap airflights ... every day Air NewZealand release cheap flights ($29-49) one way for certain times and destinations. It changes every day ... http://flightbookings.airnewzealand.co.nz/vgrabview/
I noticed today CM that they had flights Wgtn-Hamilton $39 one way - BARGAIN!
Last night I realised how far Craig and I had come in our commitment to a moderated lifestyle ... yesterday I forgot to take meat out of the freezer for dinner ... in the good ole days we would have said ... fuck it ... lets get takeaways, but instead Craig popped down to the supermarket and bought us a piece of steak which took 5 mins to cook on the bbq and have with our salad. That is a freakin huge mindshift and achievement I reckon. Yay us!
Thursday, October 26, 2006
Water Baby
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
It's great that you've had some recognition like that at work - especially from such a big organisation. The support and praise from my work colleagues has always meant the world to me.
Girl $39 Woohooo come and visit... there will always be a bed for you here!
Now you know it isn't fair to make swimming sound soooo good... First you got me hooked on skating now swimming you are a trouble maker he he he (I LOVE IT! ;-) )
Love CM
Amen to the mindshift re getting the steak instead of takeaways! That is why you will keep your weight off and why others gain their weight back on. You are a real inspiration to others too.. well done.
Your efforts really are inspiring so it was great they published your comment.
Thanks for your comment this morning - the same thing had crossed my mind about a different eating program and I'm going to look into the 'no count' plan for a kick off!
Post a Comment