Thats spring and summer I think ... OVAH, OVER, kaput, finito ... we've reverted back to winter *tears*
The weather is so atrocious I just wanna stay curled under the covers never to be seen again.
However yesterday was a good day, we got up early and went into the gym. Got brownie points with Hamish my trainer, cos we joined him lining up at the door waiting to get in at 8am! YAY! LOL I did my full workout session plus 20 mins on my friend Mr Arch Trainer ... I love that machine ... and that is said without sarcasm, I really do like the machine, it makes me work and I like the feeling I get after I've given it my best shot.
Once home after a quick excursion to The Warehouse we had some friends visit who were after a couple of gold fish for their pond - we have a huge pond with heaps of fish so losing a couple was no biggie and watching the kids pick their fish and then Craig trying to catch the bloody things was hillarious!
Ooh our grapefruit on our tree are nearly ready for a second picking for the season!
Off out with my sisterinlaw for a girls afternoon wandering around the shops and then enjoying a coffee and delectable ginger slice was a luxury complete! Finished that expedition $50 lighter in the pocket, however it was 50 bucks well spent on a new pair of New Balance cross trainers down from $120! Hows this for womans logic ... now I have $70 that I saved to spend on new gym pants and tshirts! yippeeeeee LMAO!
Today was going to be my first swim session - the pool is an outdoor summer pool whch opens after Labour Weekend - I was so excited last week thinking about my first swim for the season ... but alas it was dashed - I'll try for Thursday instead. I'm planning on swimming Tues and Thursdays ... I'll see how I get on I might be able to fit a few more sessions in ... within my 6 week deadline before my first Tri! Holy Crap where did that time go? I offered to post flyers for the Tri and they arrived today so I must remember to take some into my work cafeteria and into the gym tomorrow.
Tomorrow is 8 weeks until Christmas ... hmmmm thats 4 paydays! ARGHHHHHHHHH
Tuesday, October 24, 2006
O Vee aye H
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That's great you are doing another Tri - well done! It's very inspirational to me. My sister and I are planning to do one, but part of me thinks 'I can't' - but hearing about yours really spurs me on.
And bah - I saw the news about the weather in Wellington - yuck!!
Yep the weather is really sucky hun. I also saw it on the news. Big hugs... not nice at all.
I so thought of you when watching Down size me tonight... it had her doing a challenge at the end with roller skates... she chose the figure skating and OMG I swear I could see ya doing it he he he
I can't wait to go roller skating with you again. :-)
I love the arc trainer too hun! It is soooo addicting isn't it!
I am on such a high lately... I think it is all because of my Wellington trip too and realising that there are others out there going through the same thing and great ladies at that.
Hope we are still on for the Tough/Guy challenge next year girl.
Love CM
I also thought of Helena and Jo when watching the roller skating on Downsize me.
Bummer about the swimming-our pool also opened Labour Weeeknd but it has been so cold this chikie babe won't be seen there in a long time...couple of brave kids have been seen walking around with wet hair and towels.
I am thinking about coming up for this event. May 6th I haven't sent it to Jo cause she is away and don't wanna clog up her email etc not sure if she is into duathlons etc
http://www.realduathlon.co.nz/main.cfm?id=56
Post a Comment