well ... for another year anyway.
Man its been a full on one! How much fun can a girlie girl have? HEAPS! Fantastic way to bring in the 36th year ... actually its really my 37th year started when you think about it ... WOOHOO, maybe I should another another birthday week to celebrate that! LOL um ok ... maybe not ... my body has taken enough of a hammering for a bit now LOL
Ok so what the hell have I been up to? Of course it all started last Saturday with my Singstar Birthday dinner at my inlaws, then my fabulous birthday off with Craig and shopping and eating and 10 pin bowling and air hockeying and stuff. Friday I was stoked with a 800gm loss at weigh in ... the no carbs at night worked I'm picking with that result - so very happy about that!
Saturday morning I was up super early ... probably due to the whole excitment of the weekend - 6:23am the clock read when I first opened my eyes ARGHHHHHHHHH!
I popped down to Lower Hutt did a quick spot of shopping then headed to my beautician who gave me a gorgeous hour long pedicure. Man it always feels SO NICE to pamper yourself! I was then home and dressed and headed to the Cafe to meet up with the girls and their families. I had the most delicious vegetable fritters! I was talking to CM's hubby about the food and he was really impressed that he's actually gone to a cafe that offered a kids menu that dont have a chicken nugget or french fry in sight! In fact the kids plates and fluffies looked to bloody die for!
When I got home Craig was having a snooze in bed in prep for our big evening - it looked bloody comfy so I had an hours snooze too! LOL
Before I knew it I was off picking up Jo, back home and getting ready before the girls turned up for a quick wine (or four *wink @ Rach*) and then we were piling in the car and heading into town! The time absolutely flew past! I knew I was in trouble when my words started slurring and I wanted to keep dancing and hugging people! We went to Theo's Greek Taverna - um a couple of us had a go at dancing - there was an authentive live band with a bazooki player! LOL I had intended on partaking in traditional plate smashing but @ $4 bucks a pop I kinda decided it was as pointless as smoking LOL However, the delicious greek food, dancing and the ouzo shots made the evening!
At one point I was sitting talking to someone and I looked over at the dance floor and I spotted a familiar face ... an old school friend I havent seen for 20 years! LOL I think we both screeched the place down when we recognised each other and I'm extemely happy that in my drunken state I've managed to save her cellphone number into my cellphone! So I'll catch up with her in a couple of weeks! (She's Greek btw - small world eh?)
After saying goodbye to some workmates, we took off into town - I really dont even remember walking there LOL ended up at an 80's bar which was just bloody brilliant - it must be good when its playing the Dukes of Hazzard on plasma screens around the place. I remember dancing ... the whole time ... dropping my glass of WATER ... didnt smash the glass thank god ... dirty dancing with Jo ... laughing heaps with Mandy ... singing with Carol and Craig and leaning on Rose ... LOTS! I tend to do that when I'm pissed ... lean on people LOL
So after I got all nice and sweaty it was time to go home ... I think I bowled in through the front door around 1:30am ... managed to take my contacts out and remove my eye make up before passing out LOL
Didnt get out of bed until 11:30am ... and my head hurt. However after a shower, a gallon of water and two bacon butties I was right as rain again. Karen had a gorgeous baby shower - bloody 'ell talk about a tonne of baby face clothes, along with rattles, nappies, clothes, bath products and every other paraphenalia under the sun ... I'm thinking dogs are looking easy right now ... a lead, a collar and a dog bowl EASY :) LOL I had such a sweet tooth, couldnt keep away from the lollies ... and coke zero - kept getting blimin thirsty for some reason!
In bed early last night *surprise surprise*
Both Craig and I were feeling absolutely shattered this morning, so much so that we didnt go to the gym *tutt tutt* and I've been feeling knackered all day.
OMG ... maybe I really am getting old!
Got a couple of days off now to assist in the recovery process - Mum's birthday tomorrow so I'm taking her and my aunty out for the day and then Wednesday is rollerskating with Mandy and the boys YIPPEEEEEEEEEEE
Monday, October 02, 2006
Birthday Week is officially Over!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You are SO NOT GETTING OLD my girl!
What a fab weekend - who's birthday is it next????.....hehehe.
Enjoy your lunch with your Mum and Aunty - where are ya goin?
wow what a time you have had.You deserve it Hun. Enjoy your days off. Give Mandy a hug from me and skate well guys.
Post a Comment