Tuesday, June 12, 2007

On The Mend

I'm well on the mend - I'm picking I've managed to avoid anything serious like most of my coworkers - I was sitting amongst four people who were all on antibiotics for chest, ear, eye and sinus infections ... gawd - I'm just hoping my imune is strong enough to let me get through all this without anything nasty hitting me. I'm practicing what I preach and resting my body, letting it naturally recuperate with liquids (water and green tea) and taking it easy. Yep I'm at work, but I'm pretty much keeping to myself and just letting things tick by. I actually dont feel tired, in fact I feel like I have quite a bit of energy and apart from a few sneezes here and there my head is clear. The only "drugs" I've been taking has been lemsip and manuka honey - seems to be working so that makes me happy.

I'm having some serious throughts about my work, I'm starting to get quite disheartened with some of the work I do and some of the people I deal with and I really believe that I need to move on soon. Thats always a scarey thing to do - moving into the unknown and trying something different. The biggest step for me will be to move organisations, I've been where I am for 15 years ... thats most of my working life and leaving that "comfort zone" is quite scarey really. Craig and I have got 5 and 10 year plans for our future, I need to find something to keep me going in the interim - theres all sorts of things I'd love to do, I have great presentation and facilitation skills and I'd love to get into motivational speaking ... I just need to work out how to do that. When I was with weightwatchers I seriously thought about becoming a leader, but I've moved on from their philosophy now and need to find a new niche.

What to do what to do ... aint life grand :D

4 comments:

Lyn said...

I am in a similar headspace to you at the moment, needing to turn a new chapter.

Hope you find what makes you happy in your job searches.

I found being a weightwatchers leader very frustrating. I loved the motivating side of it but HATED the stock control, money control part. I was forever doing stock takes and toping up the money from a error of the recorder. Sucked big time!

Anne said...

Always scarey to think of a change, but also so easy to get stuck into a bit of rut. Good on you for giving it serious thought. I can imagine you doing something like motivational speaking. ALso can imagine how you would succeed at something like this in a health/weight loss situation.

Unknown said...

You have proven that you can do anything, look at what you have achieved over the last few years. I have no doubt that whatever you choose to do, you will give it your all & do it damn well.

Chris H said...

You and I are in the same place... what to do? Thanks for the input.... Izzy is still too mad to take near old folks and ill people, she's all over everyone at the moment! But it's a nice thought! I am going to check out volunteer ideas tomorrow too. Sounds like your cold is all but gone... hope you are all better now. I was thinking of you today, whenever my body reminds me it's been "adjusted" I think of you and what you have yet to go through... and I am thrilled and scared for you! Hee hee, it's so worth it though!