Sunday, May 27, 2007

Peace and Quiet

Went to aqua on Thursday night ... there were only 4 of us there! She worked us HARD, but it was a fun hard not a ... fuck this I'm getting out of the pool and buggering off hard LOL Although I was completely out of my comfort zone when I had to do dosey doeing in the middle of the pool with a man ... ick. Funny how you have those reflective moments when you think ... holy crap ... three years ago there would have been shit show in hell of me getting in togs in public, going to a fitness class let alone dosey doeing in my freakin togs in public, at a fitness session with a strange man - LMAO - those reflections certainly do remind me of how far I've come through this journey LOL

Friday was a cool day, really cool day. I took Trude to work because I was hosting an external group and giving a presentation late in the arvo and knew I'd miss my ride with Craig. We didnt go to the gym on Friday morning, I'd already completed 4 sessions last week, plus two walks with Jack and an aqua session and felt a day off would be quite acceptable. My mate Kris and I jumped on our bikes at lunch time and buggered off round Oriental Parade! It was fantastic, sat round Freyberg Pool and I had an immune booster smoothie shake thing. You know one of those "health" drinks. It tasted quite good, I think it had carrot, ginger, and apple in it. I usually steer well clear of juices but I felt like something different and I kinda thought it would be better than coffee. It amazes me how stupid car drivers are. I didnt realise how stupid a car driver I was until I started riding a motorbike. I have had that many cars cut me off, toot at me or not give way its just ridiculous. Makes me for a much more cautious rider tho thats for sure. So next time you are out driving and see a motorbike, think about how much less protection they have, how they cant stop as quickly as you think they might be able to and how much wind resistance your car creates for them when you pass them within inches at 100kph!

*gets off soap box*

So Friday afternoon I gave my presentation, went really well. I always get a kick post presentation LOL I had a senior risk manager from NZ Police come up to me and thank me for the session and then tell me that I had a wonderful presentation style. Made my day. When things like that happen, you tend to forget that you are fat, or the struggles you sometimes go through in your life - especially when a compliment is genuine and sincere. Do we ever really wonder about the impact we have on other people through the use of our words? I'm trying to be a better listener at the moment. I'm trying consciously to not interrupt people when they are talking, and concentrate on what they are saying, asking open questions and get them to talk more. It really struck home yesterday afternoon when we were at the club with friends and Craig and I would be talking and our friends would switch off or talk to someone else. It was quiet hillarious at first when I realised what was going on and we gave our friends utter shit about doing it to us, but when I thought about it ... I thought how frustrating it would be for the talker and how damn rude they would find it if while they were exposing their inner thoughts they were just brushed aside.

Wow I'm contemplative today - which is good, I'm supposed to be studying!

Saturday was a fun day! Craig and I went into town to the gym - we have both got new programmes. WOW its been a good shake up for us! I managed to get through two sets of everything and it still took me the hour! At least I knew my form was good and I was doing it properly. We got home, had a huge breakfast, showers and then we took the HOG and Trude down to a classic motorcycle show in Lower Hutt. There were some gorgeous old bikes down there and I found the bike of my dreams *sigh* - a big fat old style Harley - currently owned by a lady! I can already see my new bike with a customised paint job and me cruising along in my mental happy place LOL

It was an early night last night - in bed watching Food TV by 9:00pm - electric blanket on full. I'm really cold at the moment, just cannot warm up - my fingers are constantly cold and all I want to do is just snuggle. I'm definately not sick or getting sick with any bugs, so I'm just wondering if its because I'm tired or maybe simply content to just snooze and snuggle with my darling, while the rest of my life continues in overdrive? Some days I feel a little overwhelmed and I do need to take a quick five minutes to reflect, refocus and recover, but I'm feeling emotionally stable and physically peaked.

This morning we got up and went for our Sunday push bike ride. This time we rode up the back streets to Totara Park bridge and then came back down the river bank. I wasnt really "into" my bike ride today. I felt it quite hard going towards the end - my hamstrings and glutes are really tight from my new programme and while it wasnt cardio draining, my muscles just felt tired. I've been upping my protein to help with their repair.

So now that I've had my shower and breakfast, I must sit down to my puter and do some study - I have my last block course coming up the week after next and I need to complete two more assignments - I've dont all the practical work and evidence for them, I just need to write it all up and thats what takes time. That is where I always fall down in study, I'm great at the practical doing stuff, its the writing and theory which stuffs me up! Probably explains why I do fantastically well with my exercise but I loose the plot quickly with tracking and planning! *doh*

Right, speaking of study, I better go do some! - Well at least until my mate turns up on her bike at 3:00ish and I have to go out for a ride *wink*

3 comments:

Lynda said...

Welcome back. Wow, your posts wear me out! I take my hat off to you for being so active. You truly are a different person now. One question.. How much do you weigh now and how much have you lost altogether? Just think when you get your tummy done that will take off a lot of kilos too! You really do deserve every success you get - you have certainly worked for it.

Chris H said...

Wowsers, you are full on chick! How you manage to fit so much in is beyond me, and do a full time job! I feel guilty being a stay at home, kept woman! ummm, NAH I don't, I deserve it!

Anne said...

Phew - you also wear me out!

LOL at the dosey doe thing - I hate doing that!