Sunday, December 10, 2006

All the Events are done and dusted

yay, now I can relax and get ready to go on holiday. All the family christmas stuff is over, I've completed my 2nd Tri and now I can drag the suitcases out and start getting that sorted.

I completed my Tri this morning, waiting for the times to be posted on the website, but Craig seems to think it'll be around 1:15 - a little bit longer than the Wellington one, but this time we actually swam! woohoo! I thoroughly enjoyed the swim leg, it was my favourite part! The bike ride seemed to take FOREVER, I heard one lady say it was actually 12kms - who knows, but geez I got a sore arse after it! I ran about 50% of the course. It was a lovely course and Palmy put on brilliant weather this morning - although it did start raining just after I finished. The ladies were fantastic - once again a mix of young & old & fat & thin and everything in between! Met some quite inspiring women - one woman had only learnt to swim this year! Another woman was overcoming cancer - quite humbling stuff really.

The finish line! - on the day before ... got the hard work to do yet!



Thunder thighs UNITE! I'm second from the left!

Me in action - I think Craig was even suitably impressed - hes never seen me swim before!

My trusty stead - the ride seemed bloody long today :(

Coming over the finish line - HOORAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY *puff puff*




and the medal to prove it :D

8 comments:

Chubbymum said...

Stop putting yourself down hun... You look fabulous. Woohoo you!!! That is a fantastic time... at least you had the guts to do it! I wouldn't do a swim too chicken he he he

Well done my friend

Love Chubbymum

Lynda said...

Well done! I think you are amazing doing all the things you do now.

Anne said...

Great work Helena!! You seem quite matter of a fact about it all (like this is just something you do often if that makes sense) shows how much you have changed!

Rachel said...

Who's a clever girl then aye????
HELENA IS.....YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!

Excellent photo's chic.

Sue said...

You bloody beaut!

Ang said...

I am soooooooooooo bloody impressed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You leave me in awe, congrats!

Karen said...

Go girl!!! Well done mate!

Name: Lynise said...

Thanx for posting all the pic's. You probably don't realise it but reading about someone elses achievement gives such an amazing boost of inspiration to myself as I realise that I should push myself more, and challenges like this arn't impossible.
(Love the pic on Santa's knee as well, lol It looks like your reading him your wish list)