Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Feast or Famine

incredible how you can be a complete homebody one month and a total social butterfly the next!

God I love spring - it has to be my favourite season. Everything feels so fresh, crisp and new! From the blossoms on the trees, to the slowly rising air temperatures, to the lighter mornings to the bounce in peoples steps and chirpiness in their conversations. Crikey, what happy pills am I on?????????????? Ah the drug called spring ... its fantastic.

OK enuff of that barfing sappy shit! and back to the real world.

Had a small loss last week, happy with that. Been working out like a trooper and continuing to eat well and track like a tracking goddess. I've been eating kiwifruit ... and its great cos I'm shitting like a bull. Damn that stuff is good. Cant wait until the summer pool opens after Labour Weekend and I can build swimming into my fitness routine again. I need to get my arse back onto my bike too - Sunday morning routine?

Craig has been gymming it now for 6 weeks and has lost 4cms off his belly ... men piss me off like that ... they just need to put a bit of concentration into something specific and their results show up real quick. Really proud of him though, he goes for a reprogram next week.

This morning at the gym while we were in mid squats together (how romantic eh?) a tellytubbie arsed off the back of the treadmill and just about came crashing through the wall next to us. Thankfully she wasnt hurt, those treadmills can be bloody dangerous. The gym was pretty full and about 10 people around us dropped their weights or swiss balls and went running to see what had happened, but Craig and I carried worked out what it was and knew the person would be embarrassed enuff without us peering around the corner also ... so we carried on with our squats LOL heartless bastards that we are! LOL

The week after next I'll get a reprogram done too - it'll be great. I've worked up to full power and speed on my current program - it makes me sweat but I'm getting bored with it now.

I've also got a voucher for a full body massage, compliments of my gym - we get them for our birthday's every year - I'm not sure when I'll indulge ... soon I should think *grin*

Work is work, it seems to be racing along at full speed - we are two thirds through bloody September ... where did August go ... actually where did April, May, June and July go for that matter? 7 pay days to Christmas, the staff annual leave chart for the holiday season has started to do its rounds already too. I've got a tonne of leave up my sleeve at the moment, I'm taking a full days off here and there to keep in controllable - I also get another weeks long service leave in October. Definately not complaining about it thats for sure!

Right its getting late *again* and I'm up early to go out walking tomorrow morning.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Great news on the loss chickadee.

The pool around the corner from work (Petone) opens up early November and I am just busting to get back into the water after a hard days work.

Anne said...

LOL at the teletubbie on the treadmill. With my record of accidents this is exactly why I haven't got on one yet!!

Good on you for another loss:)